Regular Contributor

I ADORED Anthony! He was the only new host I liked. I'm also sad Cathy Pedrayes gone too. I wish Mary N. was back on the Q instead of Q2. 

QVC's making too many mistakes. All these manic hosts that are left drive me batty and I can't even watch anymore. 

All these firings, yet CZ still hangs on... mystery...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anthony Heywood gone?

[ Edited ]

The great migration has begun.  Hosts can not meet their sales quotas.   Company profits decline.  

You do realize what is coming next.

Honored Contributor
I liked Anthony. But the writing was on the wall for quite some time. He was barely on air, with long gaps between his shows. His FB & IG pages always showed him on vacation at a new spot every time. It’s like QVC really didn’t know what to do with him after his training months.
Esteemed Contributor
Articulate, well modulated vocals, charming, pleasant, witty, informative....

Completely unqualified to be a QVC host!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anthony Heywood gone?

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:
Articulate, well modulated vocals, charming, pleasant, witty, informative....

Completely unqualified to be a QVC host!

@Johnnyeager 

BINGO! You hit the nail right smack dab on the head.

And I'm still upset about Cathy P getting the Q boot.

I wonder how many of the newbies regret giving up their prior gig to join the Q brigade.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99    ...who had no idea what he was talking about

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady: I got the same impression also. I saw him a couple of times and thought he did a nice enough job but just felt he wouldn't be there for the long haul.

Esteemed Contributor
He might have realized that there is no "long haul".
Valued Contributor

NOOOO!!! I saw him once in the middle of the night when I turned on the TV because I couldn't sleep. He was presenting jewelry and did a fantastic job! My opinion is it doesn't make any sense why the Q is keeping hosts that continue to make mistakes, consistently unprepared and lack in presentation skills. I miss Katie McGee and Gabrielle Kerr on the main channel, as they are wonderful hosts! Between the shipping issues and the revolving door of hosts, someone (or some people) at the Q are not making good decisions.

Trusted Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:

I liked him the few times I saw him on air wee hours of the A.M. Just hope he didn't buy a house already.

You do realize that some of these new hosts sold homes in order to relocate, right?

That means they had no choice but to put the proceeds back into more real estate.

They cannot just "pocket the money".

They will pay capital gains taxes if they do.

Single taxpayers can shelter $250,000 of the profit and married taxpayers can shelter $500,000 if they have lived in the home for 2 of the 5 years preceding the sale.

And?

You do not know a thing about their personal finances.