Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to see him go.  Had seen him a few times and thought he was doing a good job.

Honored Contributor

I have never seen him on air.  

Trusted Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:

I liked him the few times I saw him on air wee hours of the A.M. Just hope he didn't buy a house already.

You do realize that some of these new hosts sold homes in order to relocate, right?

That means they had no choice but to put the proceeds back into more real estate.

They cannot just "pocket the money".

They will pay capital gains taxes if they do.

Single taxpayers can shelter $250,000 of the profit and married taxpayers can shelter $500,000 if they have lived in the home for 2 of the 5 years preceding the sale.

Honored Contributor

He was okay, but could have dressed better/neater appearance.   If he is gone, they are sure making a lot of changes at QVC in a short time too.

Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:

I liked him the few times I saw him on air wee hours of the A.M. Just hope he didn't buy a house already.

You do realize that some of these new hosts sold homes in order to relocate, right?

That means they had no choice but to put the proceeds back into more real estate.

They cannot just "pocket the money".

They will pay capital gains taxes if they do.

Single taxpayers can shelter $250,000 of the profit and married taxpayers can shelter $500,000 if they have lived in the home for 2 of the 5 years preceding the sale.

People buy new homes to move to new employment all the time and people sell homes to move all the time fired or not. What's the big deal about someone having to pay taxes on the sale anyway? That's what tax advisors and accountanrs are for. I'm sure that Q hosts don't come to this board for financial advise anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

I saw him just once but didn't care for him.  Sort of a used car salesman vibe.

-----------------

I only watched him a couple of times and thought he did a pretty good job.  But to me, he seemed very bored with it all!!   Even then, I thought he probably would not be staying for a long time.....

Esteemed Contributor

He seemed to be at QVC as a starting point in the US. Didn't seem like he intended to stay permanently (to me anyway). Think he planned to do other things once he settled in and decided where he planned to live and what he other things panned out for him. Pretty sure QVC knew that when he was hired. He wasn't particularly ambitious; just friendly and an average salesman.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I liked him.  A pleasant change from the way a lot of them do presentations.  Too manic, too loud, too many annoying habits.  He wasn't like that.

Trusted Contributor

That's too bad, I was getting use to him on late at night.  Geeze can't they give a man a chance.  Well at least a gorgeous one.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hes gone but how is Kristine Zell still there. I swear she must know the CEO of the company..she continually gives wrong sizes, wrong info and does not do.her homework.