Honored Contributor

Example of the need to know information about hosts is no one's business. 

OP more than once has something negative to say about hosts. Enough! 

Honored Contributor

I do not know for sure but I think some gov. agency controls how much time one can spend on the TV. As some else said it may not be "vacation". David does spend a lot of time on the TV.

Respected Contributor

At the job where I spent the bulk of my career, I'd worked my way up to having 8 weeks of vacation by the time I left. When I started a new job, I negotiated having 6 weeks vacation right off the bat. It's really not that uncommon for seasoned professionals. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

On Monday night, I was so grateful that A.S. was on vacation, I could actually watch an hour of fashions~it's been 6 months for me!   What a pleasure~no screaming or shrieking.  Wonderful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Reever  Today is All-David day on QVC-3.  Pre-recorded shows of all David Venable shows, 10AM to midnight (EST). 

Until he returns... Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Since there was some discussion about what the "average" number of paid vacations days in the United States is:

The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides data for the average number of paid vacation days in its National Compensation Survey.

In the private sector the average worker received 10 paid days after 1 year of service.

After 5 years this increases to 15 paid days.

In the public sector the average worker received 13 paid days after 1 year of service.

After 5 years this increases to 16 paid days.

I would expect that a television personality under contract isn't the "average" worker.

Honored Contributor

I don't begrudge anyone the vacation time to which they are entitled.  I like it when a different host is on some of the shows.  Everyone has their own presenting style and variety is good.

Honored Contributor

I think it is weird that David or his "stand in" have to justify his time off to the viewers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another vacation ?

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

DV must get over 7 weeks a year. I hate to begrudge people for taking time off but in America 2-3 weeks is average. The shows are not the same without David.

I disagree that 2-3 weeks is average.  By the time you've been there as long as David has, you have many more weeks vacation time.  I know many people that get five weeks or so vacation.  Everyone deserves time off.  

This is the second post I can think of that this poster has been critical of a host taking an earned vacation.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

This complaint is very sad on several levels.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland