Respected Contributor

DV must get over 7 weeks a year. I hate to begrudge people for taking time off but in America 2-3 weeks is average. The shows are not the same without David.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Are they kidding me ? How many weeks do these hosts get ?  Iwas excited to turn into Down Home and ...

I cant get take the replacement. Switching to HSN even though its clearance merchandise.

Do you only have shopping channels on your TV?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

DV must get over 7 weeks a year. I hate to begrudge people for taking time off but in America 2-3 weeks is average. The shows are not the same without David.

@Reever   I agree it’s not the same without David. I guess it depends on your job and how long you’ve been there, but I don’t find 2-3 weeks as average.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another vacation ?

[ Edited ]

At my job, I can accumulate a maximum of 240 hours annual leave per year.

Anything above 240, I have to use, or loose by the end of the calendar year.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Maybe they have to get their vacation in before the holiday push.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Just tuned in to Down Home with Rick and turned it off to come over to forums because he was way too hyper....did not know that this is David's show.  Hope David can take all the vacations he is able to get...not a fan so never watch him and not aware he was away.....

Valued Contributor

Re: Another vacation ?

[ Edited ]

2/3 weeks is probably average for someone working 5 years. If I’ve worked somewhere for 25 years I better be getting way more than that or I’d be leaving that job. And I’d be using the time because I earned it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they should clear their vacation schedules with us ahead of time. On the bright side you won’t be tempted to spend money on a bunch of stuff!

Respected Contributor

When I retired with 31 years service, I had 6 weeks vacation each year.  I'm sure David gets that or maybe a week or two more.

I also think a lot of the regulars are going to be off trying to get their vacation time in before they are there non-stop for the holiday craziness. 

Esteemed Contributor

If people can negotiate great work benefits or work for companies who value giving employees great benefits - then good on 'em. Keep the positive energy flowing..... 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau