Respected Contributor

Are they kidding me ? How many weeks do these hosts get ?  Iwas excited to turn into Down Home and ...

I cant get take the replacement. Switching to HSN even though its clearance merchandise.

Respected Contributor

Re: Another vacation ?

[ Edited ]

I don't begrudge anyone taking vacation time. If you work, you deserve time away from the job. That's what the days are for...isn't it???

Honored Contributor

I know, it's so ridiculous it's funny already.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Are they kidding me ? How many weeks do these hosts get ?  Iwas excited to turn into Down Home and ...

I cant get take the replacement. Switching to HSN even though its clearance merchandise.

They get as much time as is allotted in their contract.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about the hosts' vacation, but I used to get four weeks vacation, five personal days and around twenty sick days a year.   

So because you like a particular host, when is he/she allowed to take time off?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

If you are bothered by a host on vacation you are watching too much QVC. Why would you care about David beeing away? He has worked for the Q for over 20 years and deservedly has a  good amount of vacation days. Good grief!!!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if they use the word vacation because the host needs time off for personal matters and privacy concerning the situation.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Before he retired, my DH started his annual vacation immediately after the Thanksgiving holiday--for the remainder of the year.  When he retired, he had 15-20 weeks 'banked.' 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

David's agent is earning his/her money with that contract.  Good for David.  DH gets 7 weeks vacation.  I think people need more time to relax and rewind in our busy world.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

If you are bothered by a host on vacation you are watching too much QVC. Why would you care about David beeing away? He has worked for the Q for over 20 years and deservedly has a  good amount of vacation days. Good grief!!!

@ellaphant: Amen!!!