Respected Contributor

Re: Another ill-fitting jacket

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

We often hear comments of high praise for the stylists so someone is putting the outfits together.   In photos of a tour they showed the models closet.  The clothes were arranged as outfits with the models name on each outfit.  I would think that a stylist would know the measurements of the person that they are dressing.  On many occasions I have heard the hosts say that they could not try on a garment or shoe because their size was not in the presentation.  Sometimes if you can see the size of a garment that is being shown it is usually XXS or XS.   An operation that size should be better prepared to present their product.  Many of the designers do use "plus" models but they usually try to stay in the back and seldom turn around.  Issac and Louis will call them forward and I find close view of the fabric and fit very helpful.  I am not 5'9" nor am I XXS.  I have come to rely on reviews and wait for presentations before I make my decisions.  This is fine.  Fewer returns because of size and quality problems.  

I figure the stylists choose the clothes, not the models.

The models are given the clothes to model.  You would THINK they might try some of them on for proper fit.

NOTHING looks right if the size is wrong.  No one looks good in the wrong size.  Even if you want to look slimmer, the proper size will do that versus a smaller size. 

I THINK this is going wrong at the stylist level, not the models.

Hyacinth

I agree @hyacinth003...but I feel the models should certainly speak up to that point, just say it's too da## small!

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

She never, ever wears the proper size.  Maybe it's vanity on her part.  Even tshirts don't fit her correctly.  She spends the entire time pulling and stretching her clothes.

Do you really think the models have a choice in what size they wear?  I'm sure they'd prefer something that fits and looks presentable.  They wear what they're told to wear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I remember a while back Mary Beth wearing  a jacket that wasn't even close to being able to be zippered and she said she WOULD order the size she was wearing because she planned to just have it open all the time.........................my

first thought was....even if you want that look...it looks too tight and small on you...................you can leave it open

or closed and order the right size...

My tailor would have a fit. I see I'll-fitting clothing on QVC (and elsewhere) all the time. I can't understand QVC not caring about how much heir clothes fit the models and hosts. Skin-tight jackets and tight winter coats are pet peeves of mine. 

Valued Contributor

I have noticed a lot of this.  I believe that the size issue is planned and perhaps a new fashion trend.  Have you noticed how tight men are now wearing their suits?  They appear squeezed in to them and they appear so uncomfortable.  For instance Nick Cannon on America's Got Talent is wearing suits much to small.  The button  on the front was stretched and his upper arms were like he was in liquid knit!  HA!

The men guests on the talk shows at night are always shifting and pulling to get comfortable when they sit.  It all just looks wrong to me.  That's why they DOn't pay me the Big Bucks!!!  LOL!

Valued Contributor

My opinion as to why the jackets are so small - I also have noticed this and even on some of the hosts - I think they put too small of an item on thinking the item looks good on the model with no wrinkles, etc.  Personally they look foolish to me and seeing this clothing too tight definitely makes me not want to buy it because I don't wear things tight!

Regular Contributor

I agree about the hosts + models who are busty or birderi g on being full figured....they all wear the wrong size jackets. The only one who seems not to is Leah Williams. MaryBeth Roe, Carolyn Gracie are the worst offenders with Jill Bauer + Jackie Gonzales running close behind..Maria the model + the model w/ reddish hair are akways in wrong size jackets. Its very distracting

Respected Contributor

Early this morning I saw the TSV lamb leather jacket on host Stacey.

I think it looked uncomfortably TIGHT on her.  I think she would have looked better in the next size.  She did have it zipped up, it just looked tight. 

Like she wouldn't have been able to bend down and pick up a child raising her arms.

I am confused about how tight these things should be.  Like Lisa Robertson always had her jackets way too tight along the bust (in my opinion).  She would say that she liked hers "fitted."  My mind pictures fitted, but too tight isn't fitted!  It's too tight!

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

Show host Kathy Levine used to say that if you don't want someone to see what size you are wearing, then cut the size tag out, but buy the correct size.

Esteemed Contributor

Model Jacqui says she's a size large or a size 14 but she's got a large bustline and heavier upper arms as well so a lot of the clothing does not fit her well. I see this all the time when she's wearing the G.I.L.I. line on PM Style.

I also believe that the stylist that the hosts refer too that pick out clothing for the hosts and models is named Angelo. Why he puts the models in ill fitting clothing is beyond me. It's obvious when a jacket cannot be closed because it's too small. It only highlights that those clothes don't fit well so those clothes will end up being returned

Respected Contributor

@TY when I see the models in things that don't fit I feel sorry for them but it also makes me far less likely to order the item.  if something has a zipper or buttons I should be able to order a size that would allow me to zip it and button it and have it look correct.