Respected Contributor

Saw a few minutes of clothing with yet ANOTHER jacket of the wrong size on a model.

It was again model Jackie, sometimes referred to as a plus size model.  I believe it was an Isaac Mizrahi jacket.

It had a zipper, and no way could she have zipped it up.  It was inches too small for the zipper to even have been reached from both sides!  Since it was NOT zipped, I suppose they thought it passed a visual.

IT DID NOT!  She kept pulling at the two sides and you could see it never could be zipped.  I say a jacket that cannot be zipped up (even if you don't zip it) is the WRONG SIZE.

So, why not let another model show it?  Why do they keep putting clothes on a model that do not fit them?

I just don't get it.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Another ill-fitting jacket

So then you know that if you are Jackie's size, you need to go from the size she is wearing?

Just having another model who wears an extra small certainly doesn't ever help me make a decision.  Whenever I sneak in to take a look at Linea, the models are pretty much all quite slender.  I already have trouble with his styles - so seeing them so rarely (and often poorly) on thre larger models is no enticement.

I can usually guess from seeing any of the clothes on the larger models how they might fit me -  although I'll never be as tall, wide-shouldered or have the smaller bust size they all do.  Only way to get a model my sizes is for me to be the model --in the privcacy of my own dressing room, please.

Valued Contributor

I think the only common sense answer is that they don't have the right sizes available for all models at any given time...which then begs your question, why not have another model of the right size wear it if one is available for that show?

Respected Contributor

I actually saw that presentation last night while channel surfing.  I have to agree.  It was obviously at least one, possibly two sizes too small for her.  Plus she had the sleeves rolled up because they seemed too long and it ruined the look of the quilting.  Perhaps it was the only jacket they had.  Did any other models have it on?  I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

She never, ever wears the proper size.  Maybe it's vanity on her part.  Even tshirts don't fit her correctly.  She spends the entire time pulling and stretching her clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember a while back Mary Beth wearing  a jacket that wasn't even close to being able to be zippered and she said she WOULD order the size she was wearing because she planned to just have it open all the time.........................my

first thought was....even if you want that look...it looks too tight and small on you...................you can leave it open

or closed and order the right size...

Honored Contributor

You can sometimes see the clothing stretched and pulling along the bustline, underarms and shoulders.  I almost expect the seams to split when she moves.

Trusted Contributor

We often hear comments of high praise for the stylists so someone is putting the outfits together.   In photos of a tour they showed the models closet.  The clothes were arranged as outfits with the models name on each outfit.  I would think that a stylist would know the measurements of the person that they are dressing.  On many occasions I have heard the hosts say that they could not try on a garment or shoe because their size was not in the presentation.  Sometimes if you can see the size of a garment that is being shown it is usually XXS or XS.   An operation that size should be better prepared to present their product.  Many of the designers do use "plus" models but they usually try to stay in the back and seldom turn around.  Issac and Louis will call them forward and I find close view of the fabric and fit very helpful.  I am not 5'9" nor am I XXS.  I have come to rely on reviews and wait for presentations before I make my decisions.  This is fine.  Fewer returns because of size and quality problems.  

Respected Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

We often hear comments of high praise for the stylists so someone is putting the outfits together.   In photos of a tour they showed the models closet.  The clothes were arranged as outfits with the models name on each outfit.  I would think that a stylist would know the measurements of the person that they are dressing.  On many occasions I have heard the hosts say that they could not try on a garment or shoe because their size was not in the presentation.  Sometimes if you can see the size of a garment that is being shown it is usually XXS or XS.   An operation that size should be better prepared to present their product.  Many of the designers do use "plus" models but they usually try to stay in the back and seldom turn around.  Issac and Louis will call them forward and I find close view of the fabric and fit very helpful.  I am not 5'9" nor am I XXS.  I have come to rely on reviews and wait for presentations before I make my decisions.  This is fine.  Fewer returns because of size and quality problems.  

I figure the stylists choose the clothes, not the models.

The models are given the clothes to model.  You would THINK they might try some of them on for proper fit.

NOTHING looks right if the size is wrong.  No one looks good in the wrong size.  Even if you want to look slimmer, the proper size will do that versus a smaller size. 

I THINK this is going wrong at the stylist level, not the models.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Recently Sat Am Style, Hot in Hollywood bootcut jeans presented. Jessica came out Leah says Jess is wearing XL vender says NO sent her back put on smaller size. With all due respect, There's no way she wears Large in jeans! The jeans looked tight! Meanwhile did they show the fit around the waist? Of course not. Keep it REAL!!!