Honored Contributor

Re: Another example of how QVC does not get pricing-

@Q4u wrote:

Saw the mugs recently at Sam's Club running around $15....

Well maybe QVC's are gold clad.,, j/k Woman Wink

No!  They're platinum clad.  Epiphany Moscow Mule Mugs.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

Saw the mugs recently at Sam's Club running around $15....

Well maybe QVC's are gold clad.,, j/k Woman Wink

No!  They're platinum clad.  Epiphany Moscow Mule Mugs.Woman LOL

ROFL.... now THAT's funny~!  Thanks for the laugh!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

They knew they had us when we bought the pooping moose, hook line and sinker. Woman LOL You can't blame them for going for the kill every time, after that.

Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

On today's front page, "game-day" picks, there are four hammered mugs for $89 and change!

You can get these anywhere for $9.99! Probably less at bed b, etc with coupons.

I just wonder if they think their customers are not very smart.

Even if you can't get out to stores or have none around you, who would pay $100 (when you add tax, shipping) for four not unusual or special anymore mugs?

Maybe they think if they put Dutch and hammered in the description, that will justify upping the price.

Their prices just don't make sense in today's market.

Wow. FOr S&Gs I looked at pier1, and they are usually pricey. They were about 10-15 a piece with a discount pop up. Still over priced, but the Q is out of touch with reality.

Respected Contributor

QVC isn't alone in this.  I tuned into HSN this morning and couldn't believe how ridiculous pricing was on some clothing.  After going to JCPenneys yesterday and seeing their huge markdowns on well stocked merchandise, I had to shake my head.  Wow. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

On today's front page, "game-day" picks, there are four hammered mugs for $89 and change!

You can get these anywhere for $9.99! Probably less at bed b, etc with coupons.

I just wonder if they think their customers are not very smart.

Even if you can't get out to stores or have none around you, who would pay $100 (when you add tax, shipping) for four not unusual or special anymore mugs?

Maybe they think if they put Dutch and hammered in the description, that will justify upping the price.

Their prices just don't make sense in today's market.

You're right.  And even if you can't get out to stores or have none around you, they are easily found online at much more affordable prices.

So why would anyone buy these from QVC?  Other than blind loyalty, I just don't get it.

Trusted Contributor

They sell them at Walgreens in there "as seen on tv section" $9.99.....
Esteemed Contributor

As long as they have their dedicated QVC shoppers who seem to watch the channel all day long and cannot be bothered to even comparison shop for items on line and don't mind waiting forever for their orders to show up they will continue to do well.  My feeling is that as these dedicated fans age and no longer are around to shop QVC the majority of younger shoppers are much more computer savvy and much more likely to shop and compare prices on line and see how overpriced QVC items are that QVC and the other shopping channels will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not all of those mugs are created equally.  Some are very, very thin and tinny and well, junk.

There are places selling those mugs for more than that for 4 mugs.  There are probably places selling those mugs for more than that for 2 mugs.

DH got a set of copper mugs for x-mas.  I don't know how much they cost or where they came from but they are nice, substantial mugs.  Nothing like the cheapy ones I saw at Target or Home Depot for $10.00 for 2 mugs.