Honored Contributor

Re: Annoying Price Policy RE: Lunchtime special

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen wrote:

They just showed it . It was a lunchtime speical and reduced for 99 to $59. It was the small quilted bag. I called up when I saw it. They said no. 

Wow, I'd call again. I've certainly gotten a price adjustment on an LTS, though the time in between wasn't quite as long as it was for you, which might have been the problem. Still, that's a big difference and even the CS rep I spoke to when I called about the same thing noted the significant difference in price in my instance. Of course, this was a few years back when QVC was still, well, QVC... I don't know what to expect now... That said, I got a credit on a bag that went on clearance shortly after I ordered just last spring. For that price differential, I'd have ordered the LTS and returned the original bag if they refused to offer the credit. 

As for it being a little over the 'deadline', they have some flexibility and I would think could still honor the price change. Besides, the holiday return policy is in effect, so it really shouldn't have mattered. Honestly, sometimes it seems like they make it up as they go along.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JavaQueen wrote:

They just showed it . It was a lunchtime speical and reduced for 99 to $59. It was the small quilted bag. I called up when I saw it. They said no. 

Wow, I'd call again. I've certainly gotten a price adjustment on an LTS, though the time in between wasn't quite as long as it was for you, which might have been the problem. Still, that's a big difference and even the CS rep I spoke to when I called about the same thing noted the significant difference in price in my instance. Of course, this was a few years back when QVC was still, well, QVC... I don't know what to expect now... That said, I got a credit on a bag that went on clearance shortly after I ordered just last spring. For that price differential, I'd have ordered the LTS and returned the original bag if they refused to offer the credit. 

As for it being a little over the 'deadline', they have some flexibility and I would think could still honor the price change. Besides, the holiday return policy is in effect, so it really shouldn't have mattered. Honestly, sometimes it seems like they make it up as they go along.

Wow is right!  Only those that make the extra effort should be given the credit.  Nothing will be handed to you. If you want something, get off you b*tt.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @JavaQueen - Thank you for posting about this. I was able to locate the order and I have refunded the difference in price. I sincerely apologize and appreciate that you are posting in our forums.

~Kim

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JavaQueen wrote:

Wow is right!  Only those that make the extra effort should be given the credit.  Nothing will be handed to you. If you want something, get off you b*tt.

I get what you're saying, but really, the initial call should've solved the problem... All's well though, as it appears posting here resolved the matter.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Hi Kim,

Wow! I had just received your email. Thanks for the "wiggle' room" and the extra effort on your part.  That price adjustment is most welcome during this holiday season.

Glad to see that the Q hasn't forgotten about  customer service.

Again, many thanks.

JQ

Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to reply and say that this thread is reassuring!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen wrote:

I don't know what I would have done about it but I would have had 'steam coming out of my ears' !! after that. Glad it turned out alright. I love to check out the lunchtime specials.