Honored Contributor

So so sad😪

Trusted Contributor
@Puppy Lips
So heartbreaking to hear about your son's 21-year-old classmate. A few years ago, we started hearing about bicyclists being hit by cars in our area. Now we're hearing about pedestrians also. There used to be isolated accidents in the past, but nothing like this. What is it...more cars?...everyone's in a hurry?...texting?...probably all of the above. It's very upsetting.
Esteemed Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@Puppy Lips
So heartbreaking to hear about your son's 21-year-old classmate. A few years ago, we started hearing about bicyclists being hit by cars in our area. Now we're hearing about pedestrians also. There used to be isolated accidents in the past, but nothing like this. What is it...more cars?...everyone's in a hurry?...texting?...probably all of the above. It's very upsetting.

@bobby5 It is upsetting.  In this case, this young man was walking along the road, close to where we live, in the very early morning hours.  The family has no idea why he was there at that time.  It is not a busy road, but probably not well lit where he was hit.  They determined that he was hit by some sort of pick up truck, but the driver left the scene, so they have no idea who hit him.  There was a big funeral and the casket was up front.  Toward the end of the service, they opened the casket for the family to say good bye.  The mother let out a gut wrenching scream that I will never forget.  It moved everyone to the brink of tears, or a total meltdown, to the point that no one could even speak.  I have three boys and I don't think I could ever function again if that were to happen in my family.  I think if they knew why he was walking along the road at like 5:00 AM, and knew who was to blame, those answers would provide a small bit of comfort.  To never know that, for the rest of your life, would make it that much more difficult.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

One other accident I just thought of happened in like the last 8 months, again close to our house.  A bicylist was hit, again by a pick up truck.  The bike rider died.  I think they did catch the person who hit him, even those he had left the scene.  If he would have stopped, the person might have lived.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

That's really sad.  Too many people not paying attention to their driving,so many fools texting.  I see people on the expressway weaving over the line with their head down texting. 70mph and not paying attention. Criminal. Angel and her family must be devastated. 💔

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

My heart is heavy with this news. 

My father walked every single day well into his mid 80's to stay healthy.  He walked on many winding roads with no shoulder.  I worried about him for this very reason. Luckily he lived in a community that was laid-back and not in a huge hurry to get anywhere. 

I will lift up prayers for Angel, her family, and friends.  

Honored Contributor
Makes me so sad.
Trusted Contributor
@Puppy Lips
Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say!! So very tragic.

I just want to add this about Angel. There's a picture of she & her dad on her facebook page just this past Father's Day. Her arms are around him. It makes me happy to look at it because that's all we can do in this life...wrap our arms around those we love & let them know we love them.❤
Respected Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@Puppy Lips
Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say!! So very tragic.

I just want to add this about Angel. There's a picture of she & her dad on her facebook page just this past Father's Day. Her arms are around him. It makes me happy to look at it because that's all we can do in this life...wrap our arms around those we love & let them know we love them.❤

___

I'm not on Facebook so I thank you for posting this information.  I love that Angel has that sweet, sweet memory!

Honored Contributor

Heartfelt prayers to Angel and her family....

Image result for with sympathy glitter

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”