Esteemed Contributor

Re: And More Price Increases

@Venezia  Hi!  Yes, "It's A Wonderful Life" is my all-time favorite movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I always look at the shipping fees and more often than not, it brings the total over my spending limit and I look elsewhere.  There are very few things here that I need, most are just wants.  Shipping fees have always played a big part in online ordering for me and I often get free shipping at other retailers.  

I have seen clearance prices rise too, wth.

Respected Contributor

When Qurate took over ... I notice the Lunchtime Specials are no longer bargains.  Something happened, perhaps with adding Q2 and Beauty, the overhead has risen drastically.

Respected Contributor

@LilMadi  The vendors provide the hosts with the products for free before they are presented on air so they can try them out.  I have heard hosts say this so it is not hearsay.

Valued Contributor

Last week on Gourmet Holiday, a famous candy maker was selling a set of 2 boxes of chocolates for $50.00.  At the start, he handed Leah WIlliams one half of the set as a gift.  She did appear embarrassed and surprised that he did it for all to see.  At the end of the presentation, when the vendor walked away, Leah called Sharon Faetsch over, told her she was giving her one and proceeded to  give the other half of the set to Sharon even though the vendor only gave one to Leah.

I know I've seen and heard hosts say they were taking certain products they were presenting, so I was wondering how that worked.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

When Qurate took over ... I notice the Lunchtime Specials are no longer bargains.  Something happened, perhaps with adding Q2 and Beauty, the overhead has risen drastically.

Sounds about right! Plus all the salaries of all the new hosts. Just read they hired two more!