Esteemed Contributor

Re: And More Price Increases

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

I just looked at my wishlist and saw that three of the items have increased another dollar (since yesterday).  These are items that were already at the full QVC price.

Just what is going on at the Q and how many more price increases will we see?  Do they think we won't notice, if it's "only" a dollar here or two or three there?

These things are already in stock; they shouldn't be showing a price increase.  And note to QVC:  if I didn't buy it at the existing price, I'm not going to buy it, if you increase the price.  Woman Frustrated

@Venezia   delete, delete, delete

that's what I do when prices go up

(& check the big A website)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@ID2 wrote:
 I don't think its the Q's fault. If these items are made in China, well, that's the problem.

@ID2- Most of the things seem to be made in China, but that still doesn't explain raising the price on things already in stock.  It's not as if, the Q is going to pay China more money for things they ordered months (or years) ago.  They're always stressing how long it takes to get things in stock.

Also, the price increases aren't just on newer, full-priced items.  They're increasing the prices on clearance and "As Is" items.  How is that China's fault?

I've never seen any other retailer increase the price on an item once it went on clearance.

It's going to cost a lot more to import given all the new tariffs so companies may already be charging more to cover what they'll have to pay to get new items.  And it's only just begun.

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I just looked at my wishlist and saw that three of the items have increased another dollar (since yesterday).  These are items that were already at the full QVC price.

Just what is going on at the Q and how many more price increases will we see?  Do they think we won't notice, if it's "only" a dollar here or two or three there?

These things are already in stock; they shouldn't be showing a price increase.  And note to QVC:  if I didn't buy it at the existing price, I'm not going to buy it, if you increase the price.  Woman Frustrated

I don't think its the Q's fault. If these items are made in China, well, that's the problem.

If the items are already in QVC stock, they shouldn't be raising the cost until the item is sold out and they have to reorder, unless its last day at featured price.

This is how it works with gasoline.  The price paid at the pump is what it'll cost to replace it.  While increased prices may be partly the company's doing, they still have to pay more to import with all the new tariffs.  Hold on because it's going to get worse.

Valued Contributor

Mlsg:  I agree with you regarding customers doing their part.  I'm actually thankful that QVC's prices are high because it's actually caused me to buy WAY less than I ever did.  That results in saving me money, which I appreciate.  I don't buy things anymore just because I like the item(s).  I used to spend SO much money at QVC and I've learned to be much more selective.  Even the s&h to and from has caused me to be more cautious and less impulsive with my purchases.  So, in the end, I'm happy about it because otherwise, I'd still be buying like a maniac, lol.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

Spurt, I'm not at all familiar with how all of this works, you seem to be though.  Can you explain how if a company is not making a good profit, they can give products to their hosts etc for free?  Is it the vendors who do that, QVC or ?  If it's QVC, does that affect their profits/losses?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

B&M stores do the same thing.  Each year the cost of items do go up.  Its always up to the customer to understand what they are willing to spend and how a change in pricing will effect their ability to purchase.

While I may love a Clearance rack, you have to go to that rack with a knowledge of what the price item has been in the past.  All too often items are marked down 20-30% on Clearance but you could have purchased that same item a couple weeks earlier for 50% off when it was on the normal shelf.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4- What you say is right about making sure you know the best price an item sold for; I always monitor prices before I buy something.

However, once B&M stores put an item on a clearance rack, they do not put the price back up to something higher!  At least not where I live!

QVC has and does put the price on clearance items back up and that makes absolutely no sense at all.  Do they want to clear out the items or not?

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey- Yep, that's just what I do, too.  Delete any item that they've increased in price.

BTW, is "It's a Wonderful Life" one of your favorite films?  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching Dennis Basso with Leah. One blouse was on clearance for $95.50 with easy pay. He had a water resistant coat on clearance for $79.00. If these are clearance prices, I don't want to see what his feature prices are going to be. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CindyStLouWho wrote:

Higher prices and insensitive comments by some of the hostesses that indicate that they perceive the prices as amazingly low ... and we should by multiples of everything....they are not in touch with reality.

@CindyStLouWho

It's sales technique....for me it's comedy when they say you should actually add a 1 before their price, or a 0 at the end of the Q price...

@Spurt Makes a very valid point. 

Don't blame this on the tariff thingy....

And I agree with DELETE DELETE DELETE as well...It's all (or at least 90%) on the big A... and a few others.....for much less. Those who want xmas 24/7, go to Amazon.. they have the same ol battery stuff all year long too.... for less. 

I would never apply for a job with the Q....... I could not live with myself selling that stuff and getting ppl to go broke, who are on a fixed income or alone and will buy anything.

I quit a job, selling, as I hated lying to the customers, to make a buck for myself.... 

Actually, I would NOT lie, so my bosses scolded me in my review..(and seckually harassed me then)..... I said I will not tell those buyers it's a good deal when the roof is leaking and they are buying sheer junk...... I was a Real Estate Agent... I quit when they both said I had to do my first review with no clothes on and to undress...(Century 21)

I sell what my heart feels is good and true and fair.... greed speaks for many people and their own selfishness...... How far would you go to make a buck at other's expense?... 

I have no respect left for this. Make a fair profit, sell a fair quality item, give top CS, and deliver what u say u will and when and be honest.....(( I gave free days to parents in my school, when they'd lose their job.... free care for the children....so the worried parents could find another job.)).... GREED IS UGLY

JMO and my experience, now back to Fox 📺 🦋

-Do Not Copy Pls-