Super Contributor

I saw this recent Facebook post from Lisa and thought some of you might be interested in a update on Gino.

"7 months ago, Doctors suggested that Gino and I get our affairs in order. A sudden and shocking stage four esophageal cancer with spread to the lymph nodes, lungs and brain was my husband's diagnosis. We heeded their words of wisdom. Signing and initialing multiple documents in our attorney's office. He initialed "GC" (Gino Contawe). I initialed " LM" (Lisa Mason). Dark, dark days followed with multiple surgeries, radiation, chemo. Today, we learned that Gino has no cancer in... the brain, practically nothing in the lungs and the esophageal tumor has shrunk so much that it can't be seen on a scan. What does it mean? Is he cured? Permanent remission? We don't know for sure....we live day by day.....but today I decided that the initials "GC" and "LM" no longer stand for our names. "GCLM" to me now means: "God's Compassion+Love=Miracles"! Life is a blessing. And a gift. We are grateful. Thank you for prayers. We humbly thank you. God Bless You. Gino and Lisa."

Honored Contributor

Re: An update from Lisa Mason

Wow! Awesome news!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Contributor

That is great news. I think of Lisa and her husband, who she talked so much about, often. Thank you for posting the update. I hope he continues to improve.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. And, more prayers for both of them.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this terrific news

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

What a beautiful, uplifting message! Thank you for sharing it. It made my day!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing this heart-felt and love inspired message. Her sincerity and gratitude brings tears to my eyes. I am so very happy for the both of them.

Honored Contributor

That is great news. It sounds like so far he is in partial remission. At least that's what they called it when I had a similar situation.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

Such wonderful news. Thank you for posting her precious words.
Respected Contributor

God truly is good.