Respected Contributor

I see that is Sunday's TSV.  Not sure if this or the Dyson vacuum (which I own 2 of) is more exciting to watch.  Maybe a sleep number bed?

I don't watch the computer shows as I just can't get into them.  But I can see an hour devoted to a computer.  There's a lot going on with a computer.

A coffee maker - um, no!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: An hour of a coffee maker

HAHAHAHAHA! - toooo funny! Agree on that one! 

Hmmm... let's see now.. whatever color should I choose? -  and ,how on earth does this thing work?

(And seriously, how much MORE coffee is the host going to sip like they are not hyped up to begin with?!?!). ☕️

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I see that is Sunday's TSV.  Not sure if this or the Dyson vacuum (which I own 2 of) is more exciting to watch.  Maybe a sleep number bed?

I don't watch the computer shows as I just can't get into them.  But I can see an hour devoted to a computer.  There's a lot going on with a computer.

A coffee maker - um, no!

Hyacinth

Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially the sam e old boring Keurig model. I have the model they have as the TSV. I didn't get it from  QVC, got it from Kohl's. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know anyone who watches Qvc hour after hour like it's entertainment.  No one is going to watch an hour of Keurig unless they are interested in buying one and even then, they probably won't watch the whole hour.  I took peek to see what the Tsv was, not interested in a Keurig so I went back to the board and FB.  That's the end of me and Qvc Tv until I check out tomorrow's Tsv because it will be a Keurig day.

Respected Contributor

Every time I'm tempted by a keurig, two things stop me. First, how does the coffee not taste like instant? The water barely says hello to the coffee as it passes. Secondly, I've read soooo many bad reviews saying that these machines don't last longer than a year and often much less. I like my four cup Mr Coffee machine. But I'm curious as to what you Keurig users like about them ???

Harmonize the World
Frequent Contributor

I'm not watching.  Even if I needed a new coffee maker, I can't imagine an hour's worth of helpful and interesting information.

We did have one at work and it was nice to be able to make one cup of a certain flavor but I don't know if it would be cost effective at home.

It's the little things.
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother I can't kill my Keurig. Occasionally, I have a teeny-tiny bit of coffee coming out so I get a bottle of white vinegar, run it thru, run about 10 cups of plain water thru and it's good to go.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmotherI own two Keurig's.  One is eleven years old and one is 10 years old.  Both work perfectly.  I run vinegar through the machine about 2 times a year to keep it clean,

One is used in an RV and I do not store it in the RV in the wintertime because it will freeze and break.

The coffee does not taste like instant coffee.  In Europe, many people make their coffee in a French press and that doesn't taste like instant either. It's sort of the same concept.

My DH drinks coffee each morning.  My daughter stops in for coffee from time to time on her way to work.  My grand kids  make hot chocolate using the hot water feature and the packets of mix already played in the mug.  We use it for instant oatmeal too.  We use ours a lot.

I would like to buy a new one to replace my older one, especially the one I use in my home kitchen...only because the older versions sound like a jet plane.  The newer models are pretty quiet.  But, I will hold off until they stop working.  The way mine are holding up, it might be a while.

Trusted Contributor

Love my Keurig, this is my third one...first one went to my Son, then the second to my GD when she left for college. I have the third.  Makes a great cup of coffee and other treats.  This summer made ice tea, lemonade and hot cereal.  In the cooler weather I enjoy Hot Chocolate too.

I won't watch an hour because I know what the machine can do.  But I just keep mine clean with a vinegar rinse...

Frequent Contributor

I actually retired my Keurig,.. gave to a friend of mine.. I tried one of them new, cheap gadgets, those silver cone, drip thing-a-migeys.. ( makes 1 cup per pour )  - and the ease, and flavor, was so nice

As much as I did enjoy my Keurig, I could not 100 % of time, get a pure brew, with 0 grounds - those pesky grinds, always seemed to show up in my cup, no matter how careful I was in preparing.

Love watching David, but,.. if he has a Keurig on later today, I will be fast forwarding through!  xD