Honored Contributor

Re: Amy tonight 12/26

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Irish1210  The "point" is that she is expressing her opinion, a freedom we enjoy in this country. Whether you or I agree with her, it doesn't matter.

@Love my grandkids- a freedom we enjoy in this country, yes, but what happened to using a filter when making comments, when showing some civility when posting about someone who’s just trying to do their job?  Is it just every man for himself in this country now?  Just say whatever the heck we want?  

I guess I don’t get why people think it’s in good taste, to intentionally start a thread to criticize and pick others apart.  Like it’s sport or something.  If someone doesn’t like a host or a newscaster, etc., just don’t watch. Why is it necessary to start a thread, that they might be reading, with the intention to openly criticize and belittle someone?  It’s hurtful. 

Just not my style.  This is a QVC board and I try to be mindful that we’re guests here. 

Sometimes I’d like some of the posters here to post pictures and videos of themselves so we could speak our minds about them also. Pick apart every little thing. 

This thread should be closed down. It’s not nice. And, for the record, I think Amy does a terrific job. 

@gidgetgh, yes, it is.  I will not elaborate. :-)

@suzyQ3

Yes, the hosts are doing their job---And customers get surveys all the time to evaluate how a company and their employees are doing.. And most jobs have some type of evaluation.  Even the moderators have confirmed that constructive criticism is OK---As guests if its within the guidelines/standards, so comments are OK about QVC, hosts, vendors, products, programming. However, any comments considered "unkind" are not allowed and it's the Moderator's job to determine which comments are inappropriate and they remove them.  Let the Moderators do their uusal excellent job of keeping the order...no help needed.......

Never have heard of a customer having to post photos of themselves, or provide credentials in order to provide comments on a business or employees of a business.......Besides the comments on this host was more about her being hyper and nothing about her appearance..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@PickyCindy wrote:

Nothing is wrong with her.  She's just a very happy person.

Some people are unfamiliar with the term "happy."  Probably because they are not.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Irish1210  The "point" is that she is expressing her opinion, a freedom we enjoy in this country. Whether you or I agree with her, it doesn't matter.

@Love my grandkids- a freedom we enjoy in this country, yes, but what happened to using a filter when making comments, when showing some civility when posting about someone who’s just trying to do their job?  Is it just every man for himself in this country now?  Just say whatever the heck we want?  

I guess I don’t get why people think it’s in good taste, to intentionally start a thread to criticize and pick others apart.  Like it’s sport or something.  If someone doesn’t like a host or a newscaster, etc., just don’t watch. Why is it necessary to start a thread, that they might be reading, with the intention to openly criticize and belittle someone?  It’s hurtful. 

Just not my style.  This is a QVC board and I try to be mindful that we’re guests here. 

Sometimes I’d like some of the posters here to post pictures and videos of themselves so we could speak our minds about them also. Pick apart every little thing. 

This thread should be closed down. It’s not nice. And, for the record, I think Amy does a terrific job. 

@gidgetgh, yes, it is.  I will not elaborate. :-)

@suzyQ3

Yes, the hosts are doing their job---And customers get surveys all the time to evaluate how a company and their employees are doing.. And most jobs have some type of evaluation.  Even the moderators have confirmed that constructive criticism is OK---As guests if its within the guidelines/standards, so comments are OK about QVC, hosts, vendors, products, programming. However, any comments considered "unkind" are not allowed and it's the Moderator's job to determine which comments are inappropriate and they remove them.  Let the Moderators do their uusal excellent job of keeping the order...no help needed.......

Never have heard of a customer having to post photos of themselves, or provide credentials in order to provide comments on a business or employees of a business.......Besides the comments on this host was more about her being hyper and nothing about her appearance..

@Spurt, if you go back and read my reply to gidget keeping in mind that it applies only to the part of her post that I bolded, you might understand where I was going with my reply. I can't spell it out, though. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  Thanks for backing me up.........

Respected Contributor

The OP and "others" who claim Amy is obnoxious is not completely unfounded.  I have Hyperacusis and  sharp noises cause me anguish.  Sadly, I can no longer watch Mon. evening QVC when Amy is host.  Her sudden outbursts are debilitating to me.

We are not being cruel, but certain women's voices are at an acute decibel level, a few of us cannot tolerate, that's all.  

Frequent Contributor

I love Amy. The change in her selling style is probably imposed by QVC, and may have a connection to her LOGO shows. She has to move the merchandise. Period and end of story. LOGO is not universally flattering. If Amy didn’t sell it with an almost cultish and manic energy, I think it would sell far less well. Its niche. Lori Goldstein is not young, the clothes are young-ish and could be termed ‘creative.’ Amy is the heartbeat and the pressure is on. Sell, sell. I won’t get into how I feel when they show 2 or 3 blouses on one person with curtain lace hanging out.....its minting bucks and many adore it but I personally feel QVC needs the hype to sell this line. Mizrahi -  no. Dell Olio - never. Logo - yep.

This sales approach has carried on / flavored her other shows. Remember when Inspired Style was all Amy, on late and it felt like she had a choice or hand in the clothes? Its not like that now.....she is pushing whatever is on the agenda. That to me is the biggest loss. When you sell all these clothes - having someone helping to style a variety of them with you is a big advantage. Well that is gone. I would love to see it back.

Amy was well-liked and QVC gave her a starring role and by all appearances, she is doing what they have asked. As much as I love her, I take issue with how often she now whizzes by details a consumer needs to purchase properly. She bs’s too much while you sit watching the screen just hoping for a darn size chart. 

QVC would do well to keep Amy in a starring role but one that plays as much to her strengths and ability to build relationships with clients as does to their bottom line. 

Happy New Year! 

Valued Contributor

@makena wrote:

What is wrong with people that tune in to a show they know they won't enjoy.  Change it and be done with it.

LOGOWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

She knows how to move merchandise.  She's a 'closer'.  (Said in a nice way.)  I like her cheerful personality.  There's almost always one member in a family who has that energy.  'Gets things done'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beautybella88 wrote:

I love Amy. The change in her selling style is probably imposed by QVC, and may have a connection to her LOGO shows. She has to move the merchandise. Period and end of story. LOGO is not universally flattering. If Amy didn’t sell it with an almost cultish and manic energy, I think it would sell far less well. Its niche. Lori Goldstein is not young, the clothes are young-ish and could be termed ‘creative.’ Amy is the heartbeat and the pressure is on. Sell, sell. I won’t get into how I feel when they show 2 or 3 blouses on one person with curtain lace hanging out.....its minting bucks and many adore it but I personally feel QVC needs the hype to sell this line. Mizrahi -  no. Dell Olio - never. Logo - yep.

This sales approach has carried on / flavored her other shows. Remember when Inspired Style was all Amy, on late and it felt like she had a choice or hand in the clothes? Its not like that now.....she is pushing whatever is on the agenda. That to me is the biggest loss. When you sell all these clothes - having someone helping to style a variety of them with you is a big advantage. Well that is gone. I would love to see it back.

Amy was well-liked and QVC gave her a starring role and by all appearances, she is doing what they have asked. As much as I love her, I take issue with how often she now whizzes by details a consumer needs to purchase properly. She bs’s too much while you sit watching the screen just hoping for a darn size chart. 

QVC would do well to keep Amy in a starring role but one that plays as much to her strengths and ability to build relationships with clients as does to their bottom line. 

Happy New Year! 

For the record, I disagree with every assumption you make concerning LOGO!  It is a very popular brand, which has nothing to do with said host.  In fact it sells just as well with many other hosts.  If anything, Amy is a hindrance in the case of LOGO.  She constantly interrupts Lori.  She needs to let the vendor talk about their product. Period.

Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amy's speech issue does not bother me much.

What does get to me and make me change the channel immediately (and not buy) are the following: Amy to me is;

Scattered, very childish, jumpy, jittery, antsy, nervous, hyper voice and body movements beyond extremes, high pitch vocally and rapid, high strung, not able to understand her presentations, disorganized performance, unprepared and simply not watchable for me, sadly.

My money, my choice.

Good luck to her.

............eta::: I have felt bad all night that I wrote this...but it's how I feel. However I think the Q knows all of this by now... I'm trying to determine why we and so many keep saying the same things over and over as nothing changes...so, what's the point?........I don't want to hurt anyone.....as it then hurts me inside. I'd rather just move on at this point. ME ---->>> Smiley Sad

-Do Not Copy Pls-