Respected Contributor
You know what's WRONG?...........thus Community and how UGLY it has gotten!!!!! Why has it gotten to tbe so ugly with all the posts bashing each other, hosts etc. So not fun to visit and post anymore. Sorry but it's the truth.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Amy tonight 12/26

[ Edited ]

That constant fake laugh, and hyper fast talk is to hide she doesn't have the knowledge to properly describe a garment.  That's why she makes the pitiful attempts to style people, she can't give a proper garment description.  I just watched the new host with long blond hair in a Denim & Company show.  She was calm, a pleasure to listen to, and did a very good job of describing the garments.  It's really sad, Amy is just getting worse.  I don't see her trying to build on  her knowledge, and improve.  She constantly falls back on the laughter and frantic hyper talking.  I just have to set land speed records when she is in.

Esteemed Contributor

Amy is the worst host that they have ... the new host are so much better than she is ... I always change the channel when she is hosting

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

AS was one of my favorite hosts. She has changed in her hosting skills. I imagine it's hard, because one has  to make a certain sales quota. There's been other hosts who I had enjoyed early on, and they changed too like former hosts PR and JG.

I am hoping Mary D. doesn't change . (crossing fingers)

What I mean is they change into something they are not. Some talk to fast, don't let the vendor speak, and become a whole new personality on air.

Respected Contributor

There is an assortment of hosts. None of them are going to liked by all. 

Watch the one’s you do care for and skip the one’s you don’t. 

There is always online, where you do not even need to bother with the presentation at all and just purchase what you want without the selling silliness, no different than ordering from a catalogue. 

Even if you feel the need to actually see an item on live tv - not necessary in the least to listen at the same time. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hear what you are saying but I do think she is cute as a button.  And her banter is not objectionable to me.  My only quibble with her and Susan Graver is that they wear the clothes too well and I need an average model to see how the item might work for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To answer OP, yes, Amy is always like that.  Amy should work behind the scenes only.  The biggest drawback to her hosting is that awful voice.  Behind the scenes only would be a win-win situation.  Give her a good salary and give our ears some relief.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie I agree with you about the sizing of the models. I wish they would model something other than black apparel in XS. Not everyone is tiny.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Irish1210  The "point" is that she is expressing her opinion, a freedom we enjoy in this country. Whether you or I agree with her, it doesn't matter.

@Love my grandkids- a freedom we enjoy in this country, yes, but what happened to using a filter when making comments, when showing some civility when posting about someone who’s just trying to do their job?  Is it just every man for himself in this country now?  Just say whatever the heck we want?  

I guess I don’t get why people think it’s in good taste, to intentionally start a thread to criticize and pick others apart.  Like it’s sport or something.  If someone doesn’t like a host or a newscaster, etc., just don’t watch. Why is it necessary to start a thread, that they might be reading, with the intention to openly criticize and belittle someone?  It’s hurtful. 

Just not my style.  This is a QVC board and I try to be mindful that we’re guests here. 

Sometimes I’d like some of the posters here to post pictures and videos of themselves so we could speak our minds about them also. Pick apart every little thing. 

This thread should be closed down. It’s not nice. And, for the record, I think Amy does a terrific job. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Irish1210  The "point" is that she is expressing her opinion, a freedom we enjoy in this country. Whether you or I agree with her, it doesn't matter.

@Love my grandkids- a freedom we enjoy in this country, yes, but what happened to using a filter when making comments, when showing some civility when posting about someone who’s just trying to do their job?  Is it just every man for himself in this country now?  Just say whatever the heck we want?  

I guess I don’t get why people think it’s in good taste, to intentionally start a thread to criticize and pick others apart.  Like it’s sport or something.  If someone doesn’t like a host or a newscaster, etc., just don’t watch. Why is it necessary to start a thread, that they might be reading, with the intention to openly criticize and belittle someone?  It’s hurtful. 

Just not my style.  This is a QVC board and I try to be mindful that we’re guests here. 

Sometimes I’d like some of the posters here to post pictures and videos of themselves so we could speak our minds about them also. Pick apart every little thing. 

This thread should be closed down. It’s not nice. And, for the record, I think Amy does a terrific job. 

Well said!