Frequent Contributor

Sorry but I don't do social media.  Amy said last night after Fashions Night In she would be sharing some exciting news on social media about her changing roles on QVC.  Anyone see it and care to share?  Thanks.

DeeW

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy's new role on QVC......

@deeW- Studio Park is new clothing line. Eight hosts will have collections.  Kind of like Colleen Lopez at HSN. Amy's is first.  Type in Studio Park in the search bar and you can find the information.

Regular Contributor

Hope it's better than her jewelry designs!

Respected Contributor

That's nice. I hope she does a lot of that.  I hope it gives her more work.  More work behind-the-scenes, not on-air.

Honored Contributor

Are any of these hosts graduates of

The Fashion Institute   of Technology

??????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Should be interesting as Amy favors expensive designer brands on her Instagram.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

They will all be shown a collection of pre-made samples and then they will pick what they like and think they can sell under "their name".  

None of the hosts are dedicated clothing designers.   It's all marketing to engage the audience to get more sales. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks like more of the same. QVC is smart they are trying to capitalize on the customer that hangs on everything the host says or wears. The customer that she posts all the family photos for. She says in the promo video "now when someone asks what I'm wearing I can give a claim number."  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@deeW- Studio Park is new clothing line. Eight hosts will have collections.  Kind of like Colleen Lopez at HSN. Amy's is first.  Type in Studio Park in the search bar and you can find the information.

@qbetzforreal I think, though, on HSN Colleen is the only host with a clothing line. Don’t think that will fly on QVC with so many big egos. This should be interesting. I agree with the person who said she will be shown some “designs” and pick out what she likes.

Can’t wait to see Shawn’s!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like a good plan to me.  That way if you like a host and know their on-air persona and style it will be easier to find things you might like, and easier for QVC to understand why a certain style and lifestyle sells.  

Sounds like a smart move. And possibly a step toward eliminating vendors on all presentations--which I've always thought was a waste of time.  Maybe using the hosts more to connect with the audience.