Honored Contributor

Re: Amy and Sandra on FNI....

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@Spurt I had it on as background noise last night. When Amy joined Sandra they came out walking and talking like two old friends. No doubt to appeal to that "friends" theory. I agree it does not work for most. There are some viewers that love it and think they are friends with the hosts. 

Amy does not pair well with anyone in my opinion. She likes to be center stage. You can tell she isn't paying attention to what the other host is saying. 

@manny2 

You made a good point that some viewers do think of the hosts as their friends, but the problem is that type of programming may be enjoyable to some but its not translating into sales..viewers with spendable cash dont seem to be watching this kind of programming nor buying ...and this reveals itself by all the clearance shows with more and more items with plenty of inventory that didnt sell well....

And ITA with you about Amy......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I can't believe the Q is willing to pay more than one host presenting at all any time.  What a waste and it seems not many of us enjoy this new thing.

Too many alphas in the room!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Spurt I had it on as background noise last night. When Amy joined Sandra they came out walking and talking like two old friends. No doubt to appeal to that "friends" theory. I agree it does not work for most. There are some viewers that love it and think they are friends with the hosts. 

Amy does not pair well with anyone in my opinion. She likes to be center stage. You can tell she isn't paying attention to what the other host is saying. 

@manny2 

You made a good point that some viewers do think of the hosts as their friends, but the problem is that type of programming may be enjoyable to some but its not translating into sales..viewers with spendable cash dont seem to be watching this kind of programming nor buying ...and this reveals itself by all the clearance shows with more and more items with plenty of inventory that didnt sell well....

@Spurt What surprised me is how anybody can think two hosts sharing private jokes, and laughing, so they are unable to talk can appeal to shoppers. When it happens in everyday life it is annoying and it makes people uncomfortable. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@manny2 

@Spurt What surprised me is how anybody can think two hosts sharing private jokes, and laughing, so they are unable to talk can appeal to shoppers. When it happens in everyday life it is annoying and it makes people uncomfortable. 

@manny2 

Your right, I guess some people are interested in entertainment or are "fans" of the hosts rather than being prospective buyers of products in the show............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Sandra is a professional- QVC doesn't use her enough. Amy is just annoying

Respected Contributor

Sandra has a weird way of selling....first she's nearly yelling, then all of a sudden, goes to a mere whisper....like OMG, this is so important you better be listening.  Drives me nuts, and then i turn her off completely no matter what she's selling.

Respected Contributor

@kindred cats  I totally agree, not a fan either Plus she constantly interrupts the vendors which is so annoying.

Frequent Contributor

No need for two hosts. Everyone tries to one up the other. I think they could eliminate the hosts. I don't need anyone to explain clothes to me. It would save them money.