Respected Contributor

Re: Amy & Susan Graver tonight

I'm not an Amy fan at all.  I don't care for her silly talk.  As far as Susan goes, she doesn't even need a host.  She's like a one man band.  She does it all - modeling and talking.  She talks too fast and never seems to take a breath.  It's a wonder she doesn't pass out from a lack of oxygen!  Wears me out just to listen to her speaking and repeating the same old tired phrases over and over.

Honored Contributor

I normally enjoy Amy or Susan, and think they are both very good at what they do. Last night was over the top with Susan running all over Amy. I did hear Amy call her down at one point to tell her colors were selling out, and she had to give an update. Susan did immediately stop talking for about 30 seconds. I think Amy does a good job, and Susan is a good vendor. The two do not pair well together. Susan does much better with Leah or Sandra.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch much these days anyway, and don't particularly care for either this host or this vendor, so I would NEVER have tuned in to see the two of them together. They both tend to chatter like the proverbial pair of magpies and I cannot even imagine what the combination of them together would have been like... I'd think it would be a crazy-making experience and it sounds as though it was... QVC clearly has no intention of mandating that Graver take it down a notch or three, so folks pretty much know what to expect when she's on. Some see it as 'enthusiasm', it would appear more see it as 'obnoxious'. Personally, I see it as unwatchable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

QVC needs to be careful with what host they put on with Susan.  The more experienced hostess' just let Susan run with the show and only interject pertinent information as needed.

This is very true... To a far less noxious extent, Dennis Basso can be the same way and I recall when Lisa was still around, she tended to just stand back, let him have at it and then, when he did pause for a breath, she'd take over... Clearly though, Amy isn't Lisa, no matter how much TPTB would like her to be, and she isn't a seasoned veteran... Very few hosts can handle Susan and the smart ones don't really try... They just wait for her to wind down and then jump in.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.....i don't care for Susan & Sandra....Sandra always looks angry while she is working w/Susan.......it just isn't the way to work with Susan....I think Antonella & Jane T. and often Pat D. work well with Susan....the thing to do is get the colors explained FIRST....then let Susan go into her spiel which IS very informative at times....... break in with the pertinent info and let it ride.................

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I don't watch much these days anyway, and don't particularly care for either this host or this vendor, so I would NEVER have tuned in to see the two of them together. They both tend to chatter like the proverbial pair of magpies and I cannot even imagine what the combination of them together would have been like... I'd think it would be a crazy-making experience and it sounds as though it was... QVC clearly has no intention of mandating that Graver take it down a notch or three, so folks pretty much know what to expect when she's on. Some see it as 'enthusiasm', it would appear more see it as 'obnoxious'. Personally, I see it as unwatchable.

--------------------------------------

Perfect description of Susan's behavior and I agree, QVC's will take no action towards her.  I have called and emailed to complain.  I really wonder why someone - QVC or her family - doesn't take her aside to watch the videos of her shows.   I cannot watch her shows anymore.   I do own many of her items.  I like her basics to wear under jackets and cardigans.

Trusted Contributor

Last nights show. Rude, irritating , loud, obnoxious and anything else you can throw in to describe that mess. I always say a 3 ring circus. Channel changer for sure. I had to before I landed up with a headache. She is out of control. I bet many people behind the scene were rolling their eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@JanP60 wrote:

OMG....I just tuned in to see Amy rolling her eyes several times looking directly at the camera as Susan rambled on incessantly without even coming up for a breath......then Amy started to attempt colors with Susan continuing.......when the host is showing her dissatisfaction, it is beyond uncomfortable to watch.......I don't understand how this is allowed to continue to happen....Susan is always out of control, but tonight she was beyond frenetic...almost like she was on speed, not caring at all that Amy was trying to reign in the presentation.....it was so distracting I couldn't even tell you what items were being presented & I had to turn it off

Regardless of Susan's incessant chattering and movement, the host should never, never show the slightest sign of disapproval regarding the vendor.  Yes, Susan has gotten beyond irritating (I used to buy a lot, now nothing and can't watch her).... but it is the Powers That Be that need to reign her in.  The host can try to get things back on track (that's her job) BUT showing disapproval on air is contemptuous and disrespectful.  AND she's the Q's #1 Designer and TPTB LOVE her....  and that says it all...

------------------------------

I am just glad that SOMEONE from QVC is even recognizing that Susan has a real problem with allowing anyone else to speak during her shows, especially during a TSV show.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I agree.....i don't care for Susan & Sandra....Sandra always looks angry while she is working w/Susan.......it just isn't the way to work with Susan....I think Antonella & Jane T. and often Pat D. work well with Susan....the thing to do is get the colors explained FIRST....then let Susan go into her spiel which IS very informative at times....... break in with the pertinent info and let it ride.................

Hi Kelsey. I've noticed some of the hosts do exactly that: present the first item and colors before Susan comes out,  then break in with info, and then let Susan rip. 

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I'd be angry if I had to host with Susan too... but I agree, the three you note seem to be able to work well with her and Pat brings a calm to the procedings that's much appreciated these day.