Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy & Susan Graver tonight

Amy and Susan Graver together is a train wreak. There was nothing on TV so I started to surf the channels. I came across QVC and I could not believe it. Susan and Amy were talking over each other and of course Susan Graver was yapping away being her usual rude self. She has no filter. None at all. After 10 minutes I had to turn it off she was so loud and annoying she gave me a headache. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I know what to expect on these shows, but this show over the top.  Amy kept trying to take control, but kept getting talked over.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch Susan or any other host/vendor I can't stand.  I just go to the recent programming and see what they had to offer.  Why all the hype and craziness is allowed to go on is beyond me.  It certainly does not make me want to buy..... quite the opposite.

Honored Contributor

I know that I can't watch Amy or Susan so I never turn them on.  It's like scraping on a blackboard to me.  Online shopping is the way to go anymore.  Most of the host are like they're on some kind of speed and it drives me crazy.  I like Susan's essential tops as they are comfortable and easy care to wear alone or under jackets but I order those online, always.  Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

If Amy uses the word 'option' again, I think I'll scream!

Trusted Contributor

It was a race....who could talk the loudest longest without passing out.

I can handle Susan.................but AMY....I cannot find the words .  I saw she was presenting and could not switch the channel quick enough. 

Respected Contributor

Trainwreck...I changed the channel.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@JanP60 wrote:

OMG....I just tuned in to see Amy rolling her eyes several times looking directly at the camera as Susan rambled on incessantly without even coming up for a breath......then Amy started to attempt colors with Susan continuing.......when the host is showing her dissatisfaction, it is beyond uncomfortable to watch.......I don't understand how this is allowed to continue to happen....Susan is always out of control, but tonight she was beyond frenetic...almost like she was on speed, not caring at all that Amy was trying to reign in the presentation.....it was so distracting I couldn't even tell you what items were being presented & I had to turn it off

Regardless of Susan's incessant chattering and movement, the host should never, never show the slightest sign of disapproval regarding the vendor.  Yes, Susan has gotten beyond irritating (I used to buy a lot, now nothing and can't watch her).... but it is the Powers That Be that need to reign her in.  The host can try to get things back on track (that's her job) BUT showing disapproval on air is contemptuous and disrespectful.  AND she's the Q's #1 Designer and TPTB LOVE her....  and that says it all...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

QVC needs to be careful with what host they put on with Susan.  The more experienced hostess' just let Susan run with the show and only interject pertinent information as needed.

Honored Contributor

@JanP60 wrote:

OMG....I just tuned in to see Amy rolling her eyes several times looking directly at the camera as Susan rambled on incessantly without even coming up for a breath......then Amy started to attempt colors with Susan continuing.......when the host is showing her dissatisfaction, it is beyond uncomfortable to watch.......I don't understand how this is allowed to continue to happen....Susan is always out of control, but tonight she was beyond frenetic...almost like she was on speed, not caring at all that Amy was trying to reign in the presentation.....it was so distracting I couldn't even tell you what items were being presented & I had to turn it off

I saw that show.  I did not see Amy roll her eyes but I did notice that Susan was her usual self.  She should probably do her own presentations.  I am not sure what host could calm her down.  I am not sure why she keeps doing this.  I always switch to all of the channels to see what is being presented.  I watched this for a few minutes and thought she was more hyper than usual.  Maybe Jill would be good with her.  Jill is calm and I think she has a calming voice.