Trusted Contributor

@on the bay @The color and vegetable are pronounced differently: vegetetable=o kru and the color = o ker. I didn't put in diacritical markings.

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose,

Yes, I did notice that and posted that above. I guess we all learn something new!

But eta: I don't think its okru for the fruit! either spelling or how to say it- unless you didn't mean to type that-its okra for the fruit! and that is the way I've always heard it pronounced too.

I edited to add-again okra is bilogically a fruit!😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose   As a southerner (who loves and eats it often) and a painter, the vegetable is spelled OKRA (pronouned  o-kra and the paint color is yellow OCHRE (pronounced o-ker). Your pronunciation of the color is correct. 

Esteemed Contributor

@loverly    Yes she is the same person.  Shame shame on her

Super Contributor

WOW!!!!! She should be tarred and feathered for her comment!!!!!  Geez, are you kidding me.......

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are mistaken.  You are not supposed to stand on them, you can stand and most people do but people with balance issues or who don't want to stand, sit when they use it.  I noticed that the QVC one comes with a seat but it's low down which would not work some.  I have owned the Tony Little version for about a year.  I sit in a straight chair when I use it.  It vibrates all my muscles.  It's a good workout.  Hubby stands and uses the hand weights when he uses it.  You obviously didn't actually watch the presentation or listen to the information provided.

You are not supposed to stand on the vibration platform? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are mistaken.  You are not supposed to stand on them, you can stand and most people do but people with balance issues or who don't want to stand, sit when they use it.  I noticed that the QVC one comes with a seat but it's low down which would not work some.  I have owned the Tony Little version for about a year.  I sit in a straight chair when I use it.  It vibrates all my muscles.  It's a good workout.  Hubby stands and uses the hand weights when he uses it.  You obviously didn't actually watch the presentation or listen to the information provided.

You are not supposed to stand on the vibration platform? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the video on line @QVC and it comes in two sections. One platform you stand on and the bench you sit on.  That's what I remember.

Respected Contributor

@shellwwwwww @Sage04 @mom2four0418 @DiamondsandGold, et al.

Let's concede  that the contraption has a seat and that Amy was correct.  Sort of ridiculos to make a case of repremanding, and calling out Amy.  In our kindergarten class our lovely teacher had a way of cuttng off bad behavior.  She used to say, "Kitty" (Keep it to yourself.)

Respected Contributor

@tobes 

I did not "call out" Amy, I asked a question in response to another poster. Perhaps you should follow the guidance of your teacher.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@tobes 

I did not "call out" Amy, I asked a question in response to another poster. Perhaps you should follow the guidance of your teacher.

@mom2four0418  I was wondering what @tobes  Post was all about.