Contributor
I love Amy Stran as a host, especially her fashion. However, I really wish she wouldn’t constantly talk about her “pooch”( stomach) as she calls it and her cellulite. She may or may not have cellulite because we can’t see that but we can see that she does NOT have a stomach. I think it’s offensive to those of us who really do have that problem area and only wish we could complain about having a stomach that small especially after having children.
Respected Contributor

@Love2QIM I agree--- I gave birth to an 11lb 5oz 24" long

baby. My pooch is a beach ball, I have quite the apple 🍎 shape.

However, I think Amy is trying to be more relatable to many of the QVC audience. I don't think she means any offense or is trying to minimize others problems.

Welcome to the boards.

Respected Contributor

My biggest wish is that she had a voice fit for broadcasting.  Don't care about the pooch comments. 

Respected Contributor

I like Amy too, and think she is the sweetest person-always upbeat and smiling.😊 It's quite possible though, that since she is a mother, she has what she considers to be a "pooch" and cellulite. Body size is not always indicative of the presence of either. For some, it is simply genetics.😁 

I've heard other hosts speak of similar body issues, and think she should be afforded that expression as well. Like @IMW , I do not  believe she is intentionally being offensive, or insensitive. You seem like such a nice person based on your opening comment, so please don't take offense to her self expression.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Love2QIM and Ladies,

Amy came on Q as a young host.  We too, struggled with the surprises of ageing just a little.  It wasn't that long ago, was it?

Amy is entering the stages we just left.

Remember???

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I like Amy too, and think she is the sweetest person-always upbeat and smiling.😊 It's quite possible though, that since she is a mother, she has what she considers to be a "pooch" and cellulite. Body size is not always indicative of the presence of either. For some, it is simply genetics.😁 

I've heard other hosts speak of similar body issues, and think she should be afforded that expression as well. Like @IMW , I do not  believe she is intentionally being offensive, or insensitive. You seem like such a nice person based on your opening comment, so please don't take offense to her self expression.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Hello, Beautiful!  Had a thought!  (Drum roll!).  If you take the space out of your name, I (and others) can page you.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Can't fathom why one would be offended by that.

Honored Contributor

@lmtep wrote:

Can't fathom why one would be offended by that.

@lmtep You know what they say.

"Different strokes for different folks!".

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  😁 I just checked my profile, and I don't see how to take the space out of my name.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  😁 I just checked my profile, and I don't see how to take the space out of my name.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Ask Customer Care Sweetie and just tell them you prefer a change for convenience.  Thanks!Smiley Happy

If it's a fix on our side, you won't be able to spread it board wide.  The change needs to be in the name.