Valued Contributor

Re: Amy Stran looks great in everything!

Take away her petite frame and she wouldn't be very cute

Respected Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
@maximillian
I couldn't get past her taking credit for what was already in her closet. She had said awhile back that the Q asked her to pick out favorite items from her closet, then they were tweaked, allegedly, and recreated to sell, a line "by her". That heart sleeve sweater was from Amazon, it's been on Amazon since late last summer, in every color imaginable. For 29-39.00, and free shipping. That's not designing. Duplicating what's in your closet, is laughable.

Hmmm . . . Sounds as though she has been pretty transparent about the fact that she is not a "designer," but rather, is simply bringing things to her line that she has in her own wardrobe or things that would fit into her wardrobe or things that people ask her about, or . . . You know -- a collection that reflects her style.

Valued Contributor

She's taking a good bit of credit, where it isn't due. No, she has not been transparent, not at all. She needs to be a bit more up front of the fact they're all duplicates, of someone else's design, that heart sweater, for instance, flooded the market last fall. Not surprised, however, to take someone else's idea, overcharge, and hit up naive, salivating people with ludicrous fees.
Super Contributor

Totally agree!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yes,Amy always looks great,she is small the clothes always look nice.she really does a nice job hosting.The only thing I wish she would do something with her hair.She has two shades of color with no style.

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

Yes,Amy always looks great,she is small the clothes always look nice.she really does a nice job hosting.The only thing I wish she would do something with her hair.She has two shades of color with no style.

@bewise , she just got her hair cut and colored like that.  Maria McCool from Calista showed how she did it all on social media.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Some of the medium size models look fantastic in everything - I forget her name but the petite medium size black woman often looks wonderful and is always smiling.
Trusted Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Take away her petite frame and she wouldn't be very cute

@PhillyGirl23 Just wow! Please peak from behind that avatar and let us take a look at you...

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Occasional Contributor

Love to Run, was thinking the same thing about PhillyGirl23. A little envious Miss Thang?? I’m also an xxs, but a 00, you got something to say about me as well?!
Frequent Contributor

I agree! She also does a great job of putting outfits together simply. I find I buy from Amy more than any other host.