Trusted Contributor

Re: Amy Stran just said the Q does NOT save your cart items for an hour?

@Greeneyedlady21  Recently I noticed DV also mentions the cart quite often.  

Esteemed Contributor

Items that you place in your cart are not "saved" just for you until you purchase the item. If you put an item in your cart and hit the "save for later" button, I believe it remains in your cart for 90 days - however, the item can still sell out.

Neither one of these actually holds the item for you. They can still sell out.

Honored Contributor

I have put something in my cart and just a minute later when I went to check out it was no longer available.

I think QVC will not hold items if they need it immediately for another paying customer.  If they have plenty in stock, they will hold it for you.

If you really want something, check out ASAP. HSN does the same thing.

Honored Contributor

It's been that way for some time now and they are always mentioning it when an item is getting limited.

Respected Contributor

I noticed that items on their way to selling out can be removed from the cart. I placed a popular item in my cart then went back to read the reviews. Then I went to checkout and found the item was gone. 

So when they say they only have 300 remaining in the purple color, if I want it I need to checkout immediately.

Valued Contributor

Either you want the item or you don't. If you have to think about it you really don't want it. I have bought things in the past with uncertainty and realized as I soon as I pressed the buy tab I said why did I do that and then inconvenienced myself by returning it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had things taken from my cart within a few minutes.

I decided to go back and get another color before checking out...and when I came back...the first one was gone.

I realized that was stupid because there is no combined shipping....

Honored Contributor

I haven't had that happen.  If I put something in my cart and it sells out it is still there and I can check out.  I wonder if they are in the process of changing it because many of the hosts bring it up.  Katrina did in her 2am show.

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC   Could you clarify what the apparently new "saved in cart" policy is?

I'm an avid shopper.

I could always count on a 1 hour "saved" meaning protected from anyone else getting it.

Several hosts now suggesting there is no protection.

Hosts can be wrong.

If it's in my cart, do I have SOME time to watch the presentation without it disappearing? Always did before, for many years . . .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems pretty clear an item in the cart is only protected if there are plenty of them. I was buying an item last summer, put it in my cart in the chosen color, was distracted for about ten minutes fixing a cup of coffee and when I went back I had to select a different color if I wanted the item. I was annoyed but since the item was a gift I did choose another color. Resented having to do so, especially when the original color choice came back in stock the next day, but at a higher price. Clearly, that 'good for an hour' thing meant nothing. I notice some retail sites offer a 'hold' of fifteen minutes or so, but wonder if even that shorter duration means an item is actually saved for you.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...