Trusted Contributor

Re: Amy Stran just said the Q does NOT save your cart items for an hour?

I believe it depends on what the pricing is. If it's a One Time Only, all bets are off, first come first served. If it's full price, you have the hour. There's usually a message in your cart if something is going to be saved for an hour.

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

Either you want the item or you don't. If you have to think about it you really don't want it. I have bought things in the past with uncertainty and realized as I soon as I pressed the buy tab I said why did I do that and then inconvenienced myself by returning it.

Often true but not always. There are times when one might step away from the device for any of a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with vacillating about a purchase. Often, one waits to order out of ambivalence, but not always. Speaking for myself, I often will check other retail sources before ordering, which can be one reason for waiting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

This is another pressure tactic by QVC to get you to make a fast, impulsive decision to buy. I’ve now heard this from Amy, Shawn and Jane T. And then once you’ve made your purchase, it immediately goes into “Preparing your order”
status and you can’t cancel it, but it doesn’t ship for a week. Ridiculous.
Honored Contributor

@busymom22 

That happened to me yesterday.   I wanted something that was no longer available in my size and color.

An hour or so later, I checked back and it was available .... I bought it!

============================

@busymom22 wrote:

Over the years there were many times I'd save an item, it would be sold out, and it would still be available to buy in my cart.

I think QVC changed the rules recently which makes sense. So often if something I wanted was sold out I'd check an hour later and it would be back in stock (people's carts had expired). To maximize profits the feeling of missing out is a strong motivator to complete the purchase. It's all about the money.

Trusted Contributor

In my experience the items I put in my cart are saved for the hour. Many times I will put an item that is the last one in my size and color, if I go back to get another color, the one I just selected is no longer available because it is in my cart amd it was the last one. If I change my mind and delete that item form my cart it will then show up as available. So I do believe the items are saved for the hour. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the hosts get credit for a sale if the item is purchased while they're on air.  So they want you to check out fast, and use scare tactics, so they'll get the credit.  Pure and simple.

@Kachina624 

Your right, I posted the info once from Qurate's financial reports....they do keep track if an item is purchased while having an on-air presentation (regardless if purchased by the APP, website, or phone) versus items purchased from the website without any on-air presentation.....  And hosts of course get credit for the product on-air purchases...hosts dont make commissions, but instead sales info is used for salary increases, bonuses, and contract renewals...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Many of the hosts have been saying this lately. Technically, it is saved in your cart for an hour. BUT, if the quantity is dwindling and there is someone with cash checking out, the product is fair game.

Exactly!!  Well said and completely agree!  Technically, items are saved in cart for an hour, however, items with low stock can and will sell out if you do not CHECK OUT!

Respected Contributor

I just love the saying that pops up -- you have great taste it's already sold out!

Even when they say there are some left there are not.

More and more hosts here and on hsn are pushing the cart thing, check out asap.

I think people have been complaining that they aren't getting their saved items. 

Hsn has been using the preparing your order status a lot now so you can't edit or change your mind. This stays the same now for days and days and then all of a sudden it ships.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine have disappeared.

Valued Contributor

This definitely happens. I recently had a Valerie Parr Hill item removed from my cart, I received a sold out message when I tried to check out. I was shocked because I thought we had an hour to complete the purchase. Now I check out as I shop instead of one or two big orders.