Trusted Contributor

Re: Amy Stran - Beautifully Wear Her Clothes

She does look the BEST of all the vendors and models put together.  And I don't know quite why this is.  She does have a perfectly cute petite figure, but so do alot of the others have lovely figures, and tall statuesque models usually look the best, so I don't know why Amy looks better than anyone.  Is it just that she knows how to carry off the items?  But why?

Oh well, one of the mysteries of life.  All I know is, Amy can take any item and make it look so much better than it looks on anyone else.

Respected Contributor

She looks great in everything.

Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

She does look the BEST of all the vendors and models put together.  And I don't know quite why this is.  She does have a perfectly cute petite figure, but so do alot of the others have lovely figures, and tall statuesque models usually look the best, so I don't know why Amy looks better than anyone.  Is it just that she knows how to carry off the items?  But why?

Oh well, one of the mysteries of life.  All I know is, Amy can take any item and make it look so much better than it looks on anyone else.

I have noticed that she appreciates the value of proportion and understands how to correct for any imbalance quite well, and she applies it like it's second nature. For example, she often wears stiletto heels, which counteract the short and dumpy appearance of quite a bit of clothing designs found on the Q where it's more about a fit that can accommodate most figures rather than one that is tailored. When she wears her own clothes you can see her artistic appreciation of ideal proportion. 

Trusted Contributor

I abolutely agree.  Amy had on the Isaac t-shirt and looked so great.  I can't get over how she looks great in everything and has such style.  I noticed how well she put things together when she was on with Lisa on PM Style and was surprised she wasn't the one chosen to carry on.  She should have been a designer as she has a flair for it.

Esteemed Contributor

She made the t shirt look dressed up a bit somehow.  She can pull together a look.  

Honored Contributor

I finally noticed the big, long earrings she is going to push for the Q. The earrings are not over the top like the ones Shawn has been wearing, but they are still too much earring IMO. Amy does look great in her clothes, but she's too made up IMO, I know it's for TV, but it still is too much. I would like to see her in a more natural look, like Sandra or really any other host except Shawn. Shawn is pretty and doesn't need all that hair and makeup either. IMO

Respected Contributor

Amy looks great in everything and is the only host with a true fashion sense...in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

@blueroses47  Amy’s style extends beyond her clothing choices. She obviously keeps her petite figure in great shape by exercise & diet. She’s always impeccably made up and her hair always in an updated cut/style. Being tan/naturally olive skin helps her from ever looking pastie. She knows her body well and dresses accordingly to show it off...nothing to over power her small frame. God given, she’s a beautiful woman w/ great bone structure. The makeup artists must love working with her.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I have noticed that she appreciates the value of proportion and understands how to correct for any imbalance quite well, and she applies it like it's second nature. For example, she often wears stiletto heels, which counteract the short and dumpy appearance of quite a bit of clothing designs found on the Q where it's more about a fit that can accommodate most figures rather than one that is tailored. When she wears her own clothes you can see her artistic appreciation of ideal proportion. 

@skuggles  Being petite myself, I’ve noticed that her shoes...mostly heels, booties w/ heels or sandals w/ heels give her a finished and taller look...also changes posture when anyone wears a 5” heel. My DD at 4’11” wears high heels as well, but she’s young, before the “bad feet” age. She always says “Mom, it’s style before comfort”. Uh huh. Maybe at her age, but at 2 months from 70, I need my arch support & heels cushioned. Maybe a 2” heel maximum and only seldom...give me a good pair of Cole Haan structured ballet flats or Clark’s padded sandals any day!!

Honored Contributor

She has excellent style....and looks good in just about everything. I think she could have a career as a stylist.