Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy S modeling clothes

[ Edited ]

@rms1954   Kerstin claims to be 5.9. She is also very small on top- flat chested in fact.  5.9 is not exactly short.   Amy and Kerstein are built differently.

Ali Carr claims to be an XXS too.  I don't think so.  She also squeezes herself into a size or 2 too small.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@turtle52 wrote:

Well Amy is surely an xx small but does Kerstin really wear the same size as Amy?

@turtle52  Kerstin is tall and thin, Amy short and thin.  I do think they have similar sizes but one is tall, the other short.  Yes, Kerstin is bone thin.  But I expect if they were in B&M, they would be wearing a 4-6, not 0-2.  The one whose size, I think, should be increased considerably is Shawn. She wears an Xsmall but I think she could easily wear a medium.

@Nonametoday   JT is the one that needs a large and claims she is a small.  She is so far from a small it isn't funny.

She wears a QVC small on top.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@TamaraLynn I hear you on that one. I too wonder about many of the hosts and models claiming to be XXS!

And many of them gladly state that they wear larger sizes.

Respected Contributor

If you have never worn an XXS from QVC the size runs large. I ordered an XS in some D&C pants and they were very large on me. All of you must know Q sizing runs much larger than other retail. 

Trusted Contributor

They all make sure to call out that Jacqui is in a large.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amy S modeling clothes

[ Edited ]

Personally I like seeing as many people as possible in the clothing.  I think all the hosts should make an effort to try things on - and honestly I would appreciate if they would try them on in the different colors (like if a shirt, jacket, cardigan, shoes, hats, etc. etc. has a variety of options) - just so we can see how it looks.  makes it easier to visualize which to purchase.    And yes, it's funny (to me) or interesting how almost everyone hosting is a xxs or xs.  I really appreciate that shawn has updated her sizing.  I think she's now a medium or 8 / 10 if I remember correctly.

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

Personally I like seeing as many people as possible in the clothing.  I think all the hosts should make an effort to try things on - and honestly I would appreciate if they would try them on in the different colors (like if a shirt, jacket, cardigan, shoes, hats, etc. etc.) - just so we can see how it looks.  makes it easier to visualize which to purchase.    And yes, it's funny (to me) or interesting how almost everyone hosting is a xxs or xs.  I really appreciate that shawn has updated her sizing.  I think she's now a medium or 8 / 10 if I remember correctly.

Quite a few of the hosts are larger than XXS -- Carolyn, Leah, Jayne, Jane, Pat, Mary Beth, Rachel, Mary, and possibly some of the newer ones I never see. There are also lots of models who wear a size small or larger.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

They all make sure to call out that Jacqui is in a large.

Why wouldn't they--they frequently say what size the models are wearing, and regular viewers know many of the models' sizes by heart.

Trusted Contributor

Last month, there was a post requesting fewer plus size models.  Will "regular" sized models have their moment in the sun?  Now that some of the COVID restrictions are no longer, there seems to be a concerted effort to have three different sizes, at least during the times that I watch.

Trusted Contributor

This whole thread tastes bitter.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson