Esteemed Contributor

The American flag that is being sold today on the Q..........imported!!! 

Please don't buy this!  For heaven's sake, can't we at least have an American flag that is made in America!!!  

Honored Contributor

Its hard to find one that is not made outside of the US.  I know from experience.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Google flags made in the USA, they are available

Honored Contributor

Re: American flag

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

Please don't buy this!  For heaven's sake, can't we at least have an American flag that is made in America!!!  

@Patriot3 

I agree, buying a US flag not made in the US is like a slap in the face, IMO.

Mine are always made in the US.

ETA: I buy mine from any local American Legion Post and also give them my worn out ones to properly dispose of according to US flag disposal guidelines.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Look for Annin Flags. Should be available on line Made i NJ, USA.

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3 

I agree, buying a US flag not made in the US is like a slap in the face, IMO.

Mine are always made in the US.

ETA: I buy mine from any local American Legion Post and also give them my worn out ones to properly dispose of according to US flag disposal guidelines.

Stores around here sell American made flags, all sizes.  @KingstonsMom, we also take our flags to our American Legion Post. I'm glad you brought that up because some people aren't sure how to dispose of their old flags. Husband has even taken neighbors' worn flags to the Post.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ruby Laine 

In my area, you can also take worn flags to any FD or PD, who will deliver them to the American Legion for disposal.

Also the Boy Scouts troops have a flag disposal ceremony they do and will take your worn flags for disposal.

ETA: Military installations accept them too for disposal.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I purchase my USA made American flags either from Lowes

or Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get why people want to buy American made flags since it seems more patriotic.  Are people just now realizing how many goods including flags are produced globally?  This has been happening for decades and other than a few comments criticizing the practice, no one really seems to care.  Remember, it comes down to the almighty dollar.  The manufacturers want to save money and the American people don't want to pay higher prices for something for which they can spend less.  People may say they care, but I don't think they care that much.  If they did, there'd be a big uprising and that we haven't seen. 

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom 

No disrespect intended and I don't dispute your opinion on products in general being made overseas and it's cost advantage to US consumers.

But this thread is discussing the US flag being made overseas, instead of QVC sourcing them from the USA, where they ARE available.

A whole different discussion, in my mind.