Respected Contributor

American born and now moved to China

Please don’t lead on 4th of July with “American born and raised” when introducing Skechers..  yes, you were raised here and now have moved to China and Vietnam. Please don’t blow smoke! 

Respected Contributor

Re: American born and now moved to China

If they are promoting themselves as born and raised here and have since moved their operations to China, that seems pretty shady to me.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

If they are promoting themselves as born and raised here and have since moved their operations to China, that seems pretty shady to me.

That is exactly how Shawn introduced them tonight.

Honored Contributor

I normally assume most things are imported now, but I happened to hear that, too, at the top of the hour and thought it was misleading.

Maybe they were originally created here, but they sure aren't made here anymore, so they shouldn't be using that as a selling technique.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I normally assume most things are imported now, but I happened to hear that, too, at the top of the hour and thought it was misleading.

Maybe they were originally created here, but they sure aren't made here anymore, so they shouldn't be using that as a selling technique.

That is exactly what I thought....misleading is putting it nicely.

Super Contributor

It certainly raised my curiosity to say born and raised rather than made in the USA.  Something has to be up with that!  

Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Please don’t lead on 4th of July with “American born and raised” when introducing Skechers..  yes, you were raised here and now have moved to China and Vietnam. Please don’t blow smoke! 

Extremely disappointed in Shawn's opening statement about TSV sketchers.  And QVC, you as well.    So do you sell items now with a little tweaking of the truth?  Proclaim Sketchers were born and raised in America, but conveniently omitting where they are made now?   That's deceptive and a manipulative sales tactic.  Is that where you stand now Shawn? And QVC?  Deception is ok, as long as it sells.  Now we must listen carefully to what they sales person is NOT saying to get to  the truth.  That makes QVC and their sales people (they don't deserve the title "hosts") not very trustworthy.  Another unfortunate compromise on integrity by this company and some of their employees.  

Honored Contributor

Doesn't matter - either you like them and buy them or not for your own reasons!!It is still an American company!

Occasional Contributor

An American company moved overseas to use cheap labor/slave labor in sweat factories. Then brought back their products to the United States to sell at high prices. American companies should manufacture their products here which give Americans the jobs and also keeps our proprietary information out of the hands of China. That's one of our problems. China demands part ownership and inside knowledge of companies making products in their country. That's also why we had problems with not having PPE and medicines, etc., during the pandemic. We need to bring back manufacturing so we are not dependent on other countries.

Valued Contributor

So American workers created and made the brand but decided to leave the creator unemployed!  QVC needs to list country where items are made because some customers need to know.