Respected Contributor

You would have to purchase a cord cutting service such as Sling TV which provides a slimmed down version of what you get on cable. You can customize your package t include "sports" "news" "kids" etc. for example I don't want ESPN but I picked the News add-on for about $5 a month extra I get MSNBC and The Blaze as well as BBC News and European News.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine OThere is a service called Sling to which you can subscribe with the Fire Stick.  There are different levels containing an increasing number of cable channels.  I got one for $39., which contains most of my favorites so that's a considerable savings over my $112., Direct TV bill. I also subscribe to Netflix and have an inexpensive interior antenna for local channels.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Question: If I already have cable TV and already am an Amazon Prime member, is this Fire Stick a good added purchase to get without adding on anymore additional fees?? It seems like a cool gadget device to be able to watch anything you like. 

Thanks so much in advance for your help. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon fire stick

[ Edited ]

@iTalia

Being a prime member will offer you many shows that you will not have to pay extra for. My guess is that there will still be shows that you wish to watch that you will still have to pay for.

My recommendation would be since QVC has their extended return period right now I would purchase and test it out and see what shows are available for you to watch.

I am also not technically inclined at all and this was a snap to set up.

I enjoy my Amazon Fire Stick used in conjunction with my cable. I have had mine for about two years.