Honored Contributor

Re: Amazing videos from Italy

@Swissguy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Posters are allowed to post anything they want. If it is against standards the Mods will take care of it. They are the ones in charge

Yes, I am so grateful for the Mods!!  

And we can respond in well to what they post... we are also very grateful to our Mods!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:
It's always such a sad view of humanity to see how many rush to bash Lisa!!

I don't see it as bashing.  I see it as giving opinions, and then clarifying further when our opinions are questioned.

Lisa has chosen to make herself a public figure, and she is often a topic on these forums.  Those who adore her are free to say so, and those of us who are not impressed are allowed to speak our minds as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Posters are allowed to post anything they want. If it is against standards the Mods will take care of it. They are the ones in charge

Then let them do their jobs!  No one here needs to do that for them.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I totally agree about the overuse of filters and photoshop. It's out-of-control. The first time I saw a fan post a picture of her and Lisa using no filters, it was eye-opening. She looks exactly her age. It truly bothers me that she receives all these accolades for photos that are beyond fake. With all that tuning, most of those fans could look their most photoshopped, fake "best" selves. Why are they applauding and encouraging the phoniness?

Lisa would step up a rung on the ladder for me if  she would post a REAL photo: sans hair, make-up and photoshop. To me, THAT is a sign of a secure, successful woman.

@Sheilaray, you hit the nail on the head! I too was jaw dropped when I saw photos of Lisa that her fans took and Lisa was her in natural state, no filters, no smoothing out photos, nothing! She truly looks 50+ as she should. And the reason why the tribe keeps feeding her ego by applauding her "flawless skin" is because most of them have no idea she filters everything to the maximum! They are clueless and just drool over anything she says and does. 

I think hell would freeze over before Lisa would ever post of pic of her herself in it's original form. She's all about the fakeness & smoke 'n mirrors. Every single tribe member can look flawless too if they would use the same apps LR uses, but they have no idea! 

Did you see the vid yesterday when showing the skull & cross stretch bracelets?? Talk about EYE OPENING!! Her skin was so blotchy & showed lines all over, certainly a far cry from her pictures LOL! 

You're contradicting yourself... By your own statement, she has posted unfiltered images of herself... I guess hell froze over...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I just spent a few minutes scanning this thread and for me the disconnect is with the suggestions that Lisa is somehow doing something wrong or abusive by building her brand and reeling in customers. It's what entrepreneurs do... She's doing it via social media and based on whatever inroads she made with a client base while at QVC. If her 'tribe' are, as some would suggest, mindless, Stepford Lisa wannabe's, that's on them... These boards are loaded with posts from those who are brand loyalists and who seem to think those producing their preferred brands can do no wrong... I'd like to think that most of us are more savvy shoppers, but clearly, some are brand-zealots and this phenomenon is not limited to fans of her brand...

As for her reported insistence on positivity, I wouldn't know. I stopped looking at her FB page with any degree of regularity some time ago. Assuming those reports are accurate, while that mind-set is unfortunate, it is her FB page and so she gets to decide. After years of being aware of posts like some of those here, one can at least partially understand her choice... All that said, while I don't shop her site, I do draw the line at any entrepreneur trying to pull the old 'bait and switch' thing... If the item I want isn't available, don't try to sell me something else...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Was anyone assuming the role of moderator? If so, I guess I missed it... I saw the usual, predictable, pro and con opinions of LR being posted... As for the moderators, they do a reasonably good job with a no-win task. They have also proven to be helpful with any number of things. Though some seem to have an itchy trigger finger, I respect most of them but will be perfectly honest and say I preferred the boards before their arrival... 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Was anyone assuming the role of moderator? If so, I guess I missed it... I saw the usual, predictable, pro and con opinions of LR being posted... As for the moderators, they do a reasonably good job with a no-win task. They have also proven to be helpful with any number of things. Though some seem to have an itchy trigger finger, I respect most of them but will be perfectly honest and say I preferred the boards before their arrival... 

A few pages back there was at least one post stating that there shouldn't be any discussions about Lisa here.  I then quoted @proudlyfromNJ, when she responded to that.  And she is correct - No posters here can decide what should or shouldn't be discussed.  There are moderators for that.

Like you, I preferred these boards before the arrival of moderators too.  I think most of them do their best, but I do miss some of the more interesting discussions from the "old days".

Esteemed Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

There are so many "sad view of humanity" in the world today. Negative comments about LR is not one of them.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

A few pages back there was at least one post stating that there shouldn't be any discussions about Lisa here.  I then quoted @proudlyfromNJ, when she responded to that.  And she is correct - No posters here can decide what should or shouldn't be discussed.  There are moderators for that.

Like you, I preferred these boards before the arrival of moderators too.  I think most of them do their best, but I do miss some of the more interesting discussions from the "old days".

@NYC Susan...

Oh brother... Just shake my head when I see posters trying to impose their will about what we should and should not be able to discuss... As if our options haven't become limited enough...

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

There are so many "sad view of humanity" in the world today. Negative comments about LR is not one of them.

"Sad" in such a context is a meaningless buzzword like "haterz!" Or "jealous!" (LOL incidentally also both used frequently by LR fans). 

It may make the user feel better, but it has zero effect otherwise.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all