Honored Contributor

Re: Amazing videos from Italy

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:
It's always such a sad view of humanity to see how many rush to bash Lisa!!

There are so many "sad view of humanity" in the world today. Negative comments about LR is not one of them.

"Sad" in such a context is a meaningless buzzword like "haterz!" Or "jealous!" (LOL incidentally also both used frequently by LR fans). 

It may make the user feel better, but it has zero effect otherwise.

Sort of like the descriptors those who choose to criticise Robertson employ for doing what she does to build her brand, you know, at the expense of, well customers... It's not shady, abusive, hoodwinking or otherwise negative. It might be manipulative, but most attempts to reel in customers are, inlcuding advertising... It's what entrepreneurs do...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I wish - really wish - she did not do another amazing video chat while driving like this afternoon. It is not safe - period. It is not like chatting with another passenger while in a car. It's dangerous. 

I've said this before too.  It makes me a nervous wreck.  One of these days I expect there is going to be a fender bender or serious car crash.  It popped up on my news feed.  I didn't even watch 5 minutes but she kept looking at Katie and talking, showing her stretch bracelets by waving them around, more looking at Katie, fixing her hair, eating Skittles, etc.

That is just so wrong.   

Honored Contributor

As Lisa would say - the videos are "amazing, amazing!"

Respected Contributor

She sounds so pompous talking about Italy. 

Doing a video chat in the car should be illegal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

I agree, and it's not just Lisa. Look at all the posts that criticize others (mainly women) on these boards from the color of their skin (look how orange!), to their lipstick color, to the color of their hair, to the analysis of every word or phrase they use, and the list could go on for a very long time. These are women, and men in some cases, just trying to look their best and do their jobs. From a positive standpoint try to remember that despite the criticisms, those being criticized are the ones out there being successful. For me, it kind of puts thing in perspective. 

I should have thanked you days ago for posting this thread giving the heads up on the videos. I recently attached a streaming device to my TV so it was really nice being able to watch them on the big screen. Thanks @SwissguySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I totally agree about the overuse of filters and photoshop. It's out-of-control. The first time I saw a fan post a picture of her and Lisa using no filters, it was eye-opening. She looks exactly her age. It truly bothers me that she receives all these accolades for photos that are beyond fake. With all that tuning, most of those fans could look their most photoshopped, fake "best" selves. Why are they applauding and encouraging the phoniness?

Lisa would step up a rung on the ladder for me if  she would post a REAL photo: sans hair, make-up and photoshop. To me, THAT is a sign of a secure, successful woman.

@Sheilaray, you hit the nail on the head! I too was jaw dropped when I saw photos of Lisa that her fans took and Lisa was her in natural state, no filters, no smoothing out photos, nothing! She truly looks 50+ as she should. And the reason why the tribe keeps feeding her ego by applauding her "flawless skin" is because most of them have no idea she filters everything to the maximum! They are clueless and just drool over anything she says and does. 

I think hell would freeze over before Lisa would ever post of pic of her herself in it's original form. She's all about the fakeness & smoke 'n mirrors. Every single tribe member can look flawless too if they would use the same apps LR uses, but they have no idea! 

Did you see the vid yesterday when showing the skull & cross stretch bracelets?? Talk about EYE OPENING!! Her skin was so blotchy & showed lines all over, certainly a far cry from her pictures LOL! 

Everyone is waiting on pictures of you two.  That would be an eyeopener.

Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

I agree, and it's not just Lisa. Look at all the posts that criticize others (mainly women) on these boards from the color of their skin (look how orange!), to their lipstick color, to the color of their hair, to the analysis of every word or phrase they use, and the list could go on for a very long time. These are women, and men in some cases, just trying to look their best and do their jobs. From a positive standpoint try to remember that despite the criticisms, those being criticized are the ones out there being successful. For me, it kind of puts thing in perspective. 

I should have thanked you days ago for posting this thread giving the heads up on the videos. I recently attached a streaming device to my TV so it was really nice being able to watch them on the big screen. Thanks @SwissguySmiley Happy

Thank you for your kind and supportive post!

Valued Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I totally agree about the overuse of filters and photoshop. It's out-of-control. The first time I saw a fan post a picture of her and Lisa using no filters, it was eye-opening. She looks exactly her age. It truly bothers me that she receives all these accolades for photos that are beyond fake. With all that tuning, most of those fans could look their most photoshopped, fake "best" selves. Why are they applauding and encouraging the phoniness?

Lisa would step up a rung on the ladder for me if  she would post a REAL photo: sans hair, make-up and photoshop. To me, THAT is a sign of a secure, successful woman.

@Sheilaray, you hit the nail on the head! I too was jaw dropped when I saw photos of Lisa that her fans took and Lisa was her in natural state, no filters, no smoothing out photos, nothing! She truly looks 50+ as she should. And the reason why the tribe keeps feeding her ego by applauding her "flawless skin" is because most of them have no idea she filters everything to the maximum! They are clueless and just drool over anything she says and does. 

I think hell would freeze over before Lisa would ever post of pic of her herself in it's original form. She's all about the fakeness & smoke 'n mirrors. Every single tribe member can look flawless too if they would use the same apps LR uses, but they have no idea! 

Did you see the vid yesterday when showing the skull & cross stretch bracelets?? Talk about EYE OPENING!! Her skin was so blotchy & showed lines all over, certainly a far cry from her pictures LOL! 

Everyone is waiting on pictures of you two.  That would be an eyeopener.

Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

There are so many "sad view of humanity" in the world today. Negative comments about LR is not one of them.

"Sad" in such a context is a meaningless buzzword like "haterz!" Or "jealous!" (LOL incidentally also both used frequently by LR fans). 

To me, @Moonchilde, it's  so wildly and strangely out-of-proportion to actually compare each of them as equal. Like comparing a sand pebble and a watermelon.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

Sort of like the descriptors those who choose to criticise Robertson employ for doing what she does to build her brand, you know, at the expense of, well customers... It's not shady, abusive, hoodwinking or otherwise negative. It might be manipulative, but most attempts to reel in customers are, inlcuding advertising... It's what entrepreneurs do...

Woman Wink

And the things she doesn't do - but those "don't count", I know.... *eyeroll* 

Some of her business and FB response decisions as an entrepreneur have been shady, abusive (as well as encouraging abuse from bystanders), and "otherwise negative," IMO.  

Our opinions differ, but that doesn't make either of us "correct" - it means we have different opinions.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all