Valued Contributor

Re: Amazing videos from Italy

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

@iTalia, that was part of my personal experience trying to shop. I figured that I couldn't have an educated opinion unless I checked it out for myself.

I was unsuccessful in trying to order due to low inventory. When I expressed my disappointment of course the Tribe jumped all over me. Lisa responsed to me with, "We have (x amount) of other items in stock you can purchase".  

Say whaat!?  I didn't want any of the others items.  If I did, I would have ordered one of them, now wouldn't I? I guess I was meant to feel grateful just to get my hands on one of items. ROTFL!

WOW @Sheilaray, but that totally does not surprise me. Seems very typical response from LR. Unreal! 

She wants us to believe we should just feel so grateful we get anything from her line, even if that's not the item we want. Lol. So comical. And the tribe keeps buying and encourages her behavior. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

And Whoa Nelly, those live videos from Italy show her true colors of what she looks like without the comfort of perfect lighting from her couch videos and all the filters & photoshop she does on every single picture she posts. What an eye opener. The face, neck, arms all different looking without her smoothing the heck out of everything. 

5000 miles from home, working all week,  living out of a suitcase and  shooting in a restaurant with no lighting at the end of a long  work day and negotiations and the camera is right in your face across a small table.

Not to many people can look that good.

Try having a friend film you and take a look at it.

No kidding, @hopi, I agree.  It also kinda blows right out of the water the theory that the only way Lisa allows herself to be seen is through a filter. She obviously films and photographs herself in many different environments. If she was trying to hide who she is at all costs there's no reason she has to film herself away from home where all those allegedly "magic" lights are, lol. Lots of people use filters on their selfies and they also use lights when making videos. Welcome to the 21st century! Smiley Very Happy

eta -  the statement "It's about deception, and it's about smoke and mirrors. She admits to doctoring her photos..." is an interesting dichotomy. How is someone being deceptive by using a filter when they "admit to doctoring...?" 

Well, since I'm the one who said that, I feel that I should respond.

This is actually a big part of the issue I have with her.  She admits to filters, etc, but then she also claims to have beautiful, flawless, young-looking skin because of the products she tries to push.  That's deceptive.  She accepts compliments (encourages them, craves them)  on how beautiful she is, all the while fully knowing that her photos have been doctored and that she doesn't actually look like that at all.

I have far more respect for women who encourage each other to be who they are, to look the way they look, and who don't make others feel that they have to go to ridiculous measures in order to meet some kind of physical ideal.  We are so much more than the way we look, and fussing with every photo in an effort to make it absolutely perfect is shallow, IMO.  She's not a teenager with a new Instagram account.  She's a grown woman who should have moved past this kind of thing years ago.

Sometimes I look good and sometimes I don't.  But no one criticizes me if I don't look great in a photo, video, or in person because - like most of us - I've never made a big deal of my physical appearance or tried to make people believe I'm more beautiful than I am.  Lisa, however, does exactly that.  So it makes perfect sense to me that posters would comment when she's seen looking like her actual, natural self.

Valued Contributor

@iTalia,  as an aside, I was then called "greedy" for being disappointed. I should have been "happy" for the Tribe members who got one ( or two or three, which...who says I wasn't....). Lisa had noooo problem with that kind of negativity.  Double standard much?

Valued Contributor

It's always such a sad view of humanity to see how many rush to bash Lisa!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swissguy wrote:

What is sad to me is how so many people follow her, seemingly worship her, and defend everything she does, and says. The same is true with two of the female hosts on QVC. I think our society is grasping for anything they can, and that indicates severe loneliness, and insecurity. 

Honored Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

Just as sad are those who feel the need to label as "sad" those who don't share one's opinion.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

Just as sad are those who feel the need to label as "sad" those who don't share one's opinion.

I so agree, @Moonchilde.  When the LR threads are brought over  here by people from her website, we have the right to voice our opinions as much as them.  I haven't seen anyone bashing LR..  isn't it true anything negative said about her over there is deleted, only the fawning and beautiful comments are allowed?  Here it's open, if the mods see fit to delete comments then they do.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

Or they end up bashing anyone that likes Lisa insinuating or even stating outright that her fan base are stalkers or have psychological problems.  And then everyone rushes to add hearts to those posts!!

Honored Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

Or they end up bashing anyone that likes Lisa insinuating or even stating outright that her fan base are stalkers or have psychological problems.  And then everyone rushes to add hearts to those posts!!

It isn't healthy to be obsessed with a sales person who has a fan base for not only financial gain, but also to feed their ego. Those who cannot understand that are reaching, and holding onto a fantasy. It is what it is. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Posters are allowed to post anything they want. If it is against standards the Mods will take care of it. They are the ones in charge

Yes, I am so grateful for the Mods!!