Valued Contributor

Re: Amazing videos from Italy

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I totally agree about the overuse of filters and photoshop. It's out-of-control. The first time I saw a fan post a picture of her and Lisa using no filters, it was eye-opening. She looks exactly her age. It truly bothers me that she receives all these accolades for photos that are beyond fake. With all that tuning, most of those fans could look their most photoshopped, fake "best" selves. Why are they applauding and encouraging the phoniness?

Lisa would step up a rung on the ladder for me if  she would post a REAL photo: sans hair, make-up and photoshop. To me, THAT is a sign of a secure, successful woman.

@Sheilaray, you hit the nail on the head! I too was jaw dropped when I saw photos of Lisa that her fans took and Lisa was her in natural state, no filters, no smoothing out photos, nothing! She truly looks 50+ as she should. And the reason why the tribe keeps feeding her ego by applauding her "flawless skin" is because most of them have no idea she filters everything to the maximum! They are clueless and just drool over anything she says and does. 

I think hell would freeze over before Lisa would ever post of pic of her herself in it's original form. She's all about the fakeness & smoke 'n mirrors. Every single tribe member can look flawless too if they would use the same apps LR uses, but they have no idea! 

Did you see the vid yesterday when showing the skull & cross stretch bracelets?? Talk about EYE OPENING!! Her skin was so blotchy & showed lines all over, certainly a far cry from her pictures LOL! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I totally agree about the overuse of filters and photoshop. It's out-of-control. The first time I saw a fan post a picture of her and Lisa using no filters, it was eye-opening. She looks exactly her age. It truly bothers me that she receives all these accolades for photos that are beyond fake. With all that tuning, most of those fans could look their most photoshopped, fake "best" selves. Why are they applauding and encouraging the phoniness?

Lisa would step up a rung on the ladder for me if  she would post a REAL photo: sans hair, make-up and photoshop. To me, THAT is a sign of a secure, successful woman.

@Sheilaray, from the increasing # of selfies posted of fan-buyers wearing LR's jewelry, they (by photo) mostly fit a demographic of a woman 45-65 (or at least, they appear that age in their UNretouched photos) who are heavily into jewelry, period. If they own ten bracelets, they will wear all ten. If they own five crosses they'll find a way to wear three at a time. They "layer" jewelry so much they give the impression not so much of fashion and taste as of conspicuous consumption driven by...the belief and hope that in their selfies they look just like LR does in hers, and she "looks great for her age" so they do too - they tell each other that over and over with each selfie share. They all want to think they are "just like" LR. So they love those photoshopped pics.

@Moonchilde, you too see those fan pics! I'm astounded at all the jewelry they own of LR's! And they just keep piling it on. To me, less is definitely more. The more the layer, the trashier it looks. And they think by doing so, they're channeling LR. Lisa is stacking everything to SELL MORE but they don't see it that way at all.

The Lisa we knew before this business of hers started certainly didn't wear jewelry like she does for her photos. Lisa was understated and it looked nice. Now he just encourages the more, the better. Raking in every single buck. 

Super Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Sheilaray, from the increasing # of selfies posted of fan-buyers wearing LR's jewelry, they (by photo) mostly fit a demographic of a woman 45-65 (or at least, they appear that age in their UNretouched photos) who are heavily into jewelry, period. If they own ten bracelets, they will wear all ten. If they own five crosses they'll find a way to wear three at a time. They "layer" jewelry so much they give the impression not so much of fashion and taste as of conspicuous consumption driven by...the belief and hope that in their selfies they look just like LR does in hers, and she "looks great for her age" so they do too - they tell each other that over and over with each selfie share. They all want to think they are "just like" LR. So they love those photoshopped pics.

@Moonchilde, I think you are taking it all too seriously. They're just having fun. I'll admit jewelry and makeup are my favorite things to shop for... They're happy and -- better to give compliments to other women than criticize them.

Super Contributor

What gave me a big belly laugh out loud. Was her hyped up tease of her last advanced order item "Fresh from the fair" I still laugh thinking about it. "It's the WOW piece your not going to believe." She talked it up like your going to be doing cartwheels while singing the national anthem.

(Drum Roll) A beaded stretch bracelet quartz stone's with gold overlay stations of a cross or skull. To me it's a $5 piece look which in reality is probably what she paid (wholesale) for it. She's definitely laughing all the to bank on that one or doing cartwheels while singing the national anthem. LOL
Honored Contributor

@DCAnnie2004 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Moonchilde, I think you are taking it all too seriously. They're just having fun. I'll admit jewelry and makeup are my favorite things to shop for... They're happy and -- better to give compliments to other women than criticize them.

No, I'm not taking "the Lisa look" too seriously (in fact, I don't take the whole schtick seriously in any way), her tribe is taking following Lisa, pleasing Lisa and best of all - getting noticed by Lisa, too seriously.

I understand being interested in, and having fun with, clothes, jewelry, make-up, scent, etc. But I don't understand believing that what Lisa is selling is so very special and unique, and women buying, literally several times a week, week in and week out, for months. If I had that kind of $ to spend on jewelry I'd be out b&m shopping for solid 14K gold and genuine quality gemstones I could see, touch and wear before purchasing and then returning. And I'd rather have three of a genuine article than twelve of a bronze, plated, coated metal or a"raw" untreated rock that looks nothing like a polished, treated stone. I'm not into costume jewelry at karat prices.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Oh and now we were just graced with "hanging out with Lisa & Katie" on their drive home from the JFK airport. That Lisa is just so much like us, how can we not buy from her & line her pockets all the more (said by her adoring tribe). <eyeroll>

What was that video all about anyway? Oh, wait I forgot...it was just to "say Hi" a.k.a. plug her items. 

All for the sale. That's Lisa's true MO. 

Katie always looks less than thrilled and seems to just go along with whatever Lisa says.

Valued Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I also purchased the large cross and it is stunning.

I am so happy for Lisa's successes as your post demonstrates!  I don't get why everyone tries to sabotage her or any threads about her! 

It's not easy starting a business and having products that people really love like these crosses means she is doing lots of things right!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish - really wish - she did not do another amazing video chat while driving like this afternoon. It is not safe - period. It is not like chatting with another passenger while in a car. It's dangerous. 

Valued Contributor

@DCAnnie2004 wrote:

I bought the cross necklace offered today. I thought it was pretty. I have no problem if Lisa uses those funds to travel -- that's what business is for.

I take a two week trip abroad every year with the funds my business pays me -- and that I work hard for.

It may not be your style, but clearly she and her taste appeal to many. Live and let live.

What a nice post!  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I wish - really wish - she did not do another amazing video chat while driving like this afternoon. It is not safe - period. It is not like chatting with another passenger while in a car. It's dangerous. 

@Mj12, but those car chats shows such close friendship she has with her tribe (didn't you know that, LOL!). Lisa leads everyday lives like the rest of us. Yes, insert eyeroll <here>. 

I agree, it's not a very smart move and just dumb.