Honored Contributor

Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like Luminara?

I love the old fake candles (CImpressions) and have used them for years and still use most of them.  Some I've even donated.  But Luminara, no.  Had one, didn't work well and don't use it.  And priced way above reason! 

I love and still have soy candles that QVC used to sell with the toppers on it (with a smoke hole in the center of the top).... LOVE those!!  I'd buy them again in a heartbeat and never understood why QVC stopped selling them.....

But not interested in Luminara even if they were a whole lot less money.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

These candles look fake to me too. And I think the prices are ridiculously high. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 sets of Luminara candles, one being a large lantern.  I love the lantern and use it all year long.  I purchased the other two sets of candles (glitter purple and green) to use during Halloween (my husband is a Halloween fanatic and we go all out for the holiday).  I find that the flame/flicker does look realistic until you go super close to it.  I have had several people make comments about it thinking it was real.

Do I find that I need anymore Luminara Candles?  No.  I am happy with what I have and I don't need to fill my home with them as some people enjoy doing.  I do find they are way overpriced, but some are a good value.  The large Heritage Lantern I have is beautiful, I have had it for 3 years, and I use it all year long.  I believe it was around $100 at the time.  That purchase was worth it to me.  Can't see myself doing that for anymore sets, especially when they often just sell the candles alone.

Super Contributor

Nope don't like them at all.  Gave them a try.  They eat batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal 

@tucsongal wrote:

Nope, I especially don’t like them when they aren’t “lit”. I still have some original Candle Impressions when the wax was really thick and realistic, love those.

My candle impressions have lasted for years, while the Luminere ones have died.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never purchased, because they look fake to me. 

Respected Contributor

I spent a fortune on lanterns of all different sizes for outside and, they ALL stopped working within a year!!! 

I now purchase candles just like Luminara for literally 1/4 of the price!