Honored Contributor

Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like Luminara?

Reading this made me realize I don't really care for any candles now.  I got (pun intended and please forgive me--I couldn't help it) burned out on them long ago, probably in the late 1990s.  

In the 80's, when we discovered Yankee Candles ion a trip to New England in the fall.

They candles were everywhere, and I just got tired of them.  

I don't even think about buying them now--and yikes they are expensive.  Funny how we go through phases as we live isn't it?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

For those who don't like the flame permanently visible, Luminara has a flame that disappears and a wick appears in its place when it turns off.   H223770 Flameless Wick to Flame Pillar by Luminara

@Foxxee  

I thought this was very clever but the reviews seem to be mixed, Luminara should work on perfecting this ....because its even more realistic than the plastic flame when not lit....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I do like and have BOTH Luminara and Candle Impressions.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have made a real effort over the past several years to not buy/use products that eat batteries.  Obviously they are required for flashlights and other necessities like remotes, etc.  But I don't use them for decorative items.

So to answer the original question, no, I don't care for Luminara and products like it.

Esteemed Contributor

My cat thinks the Luminara candles are well, the cat's meow.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I have bought a couple Candle Impression lanterns for outside. Those didn't last that long.  Maybe 2 years tops.  The 2 lanterns I have in my house are still going strong.  I think the winter weather takes its toll on these things sitting on my front porch.

I wish mine came with remotes that I could easily turn on and off.  Yeah they have timers but in the summer, I don't need them to come on until after 9:00.  I go to bed at 10:00 and don't need them burning another 7 hours while I'm sleeping.  I end up only using them in the winter. 

I buy name brand batteries and these don't seem to last as long as they are advertised to last.     

Esteemed Contributor

I Like them but seriously the price is crazy.  Don't like them that much.  Do not put outside.   They do not last.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I do like and have BOTH Luminara and Candle Impressions.....

----------------

Me too!  I like Luminara candles where the 'flame' is for decor purposes, like up against a wall!  But I love CI candles for the light they give. I like that the whole 'candle' lights up and not just a 'flame'!  Also, CI is pretty good on battery life.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for them either with the fake flames and the price.  I have a few older Candle Impressions that glow from the inside and prefer those.  

Honored Contributor

It's the price I don't like.