Respected Contributor

Am i the only one who doesn't like Luminara?

Sorry, the flames look so fake to me. I like the candles that flicker from within.

Respected Contributor

Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like Luminara?

Nope, I especially don’t like them when they aren’t “lit”. I still have some original Candle Impressions when the wax was really thick and realistic, love those.

Honored Contributor

Same here, @ellaphant . Not a fan of the stick-up faux flame. 

I much prefer the original style Candle Impressions. I have some from the first days that are still going strong. Plus newer ones. I have a lot but have a hard time talking myself out of getting more.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the candles with the flickering flame like Luminara much better than the older candles that just glow.

The glowing candles don't put out much light.  The flickering flames are much brighter and more realistic looking.  

At night in the winter months, we watch TV with the lights off and the candles  "lit."  That gives us enough light to walk around and see our way.

I still  have a few glowing candles and like them, but just not as much.

I have some Luminara candles and some knock offs I got from Costco for on $39.95 for six of them with a remote.  I wanted to get some more, but haven't seen them yet this year.  They do have a set of glowing candles available.

Honored Contributor

For those who don't like the flame permanently visible, Luminara has a flame that disappears and a wick appears in its place when it turns off.

H223770
LightLi 7" Flameless Wick to Flame Pillar by Luminara

9" also available.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Candle Impressions too, I bought mine on ebay from a crafter that aged them with darker wax to fit in with country & primitive style decorating, they look so good with the black wick & the flicker inside is still bright. Crafters are now aging Luminara too & I plan to buy a few for the Holidays but I don't really like the faux white plastic flame. I have the Luminara with the embedded mint candies, they set on the mantle during Christmas & the Stewart turkey candles are in a cupboard year round so there's room in my home for both but my 💕 go to Candle Impressions.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I like the candles with the flickering flame like Luminara much better than the older candles that just glow.

The glowing candles don't put out much light.  The flickering flames are much brighter and more realistic looking.  

At light in the winter months, we watch TV with the lights off and the candles  "lit."  That gives us enough light to walk around and see our way.

I have some Luminara candles and some knock offs I got from Costco for on $39.95 for six of them with a remote.  I wanted to get some more, but haven't seen them yet this year.  They do have a set of glowing candles available.

Do you think the Costco candles are a good value?  How close to the Luminara, which I have and love, but are expensive?!

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant 

Really?  My real wax candles (not battery) do not glow from within.

Trusted Contributor

I think the luminara candles are way overpriced. I was given a set of them by a good friend a couple of years ago. They all stopped working within a month. My faves are the ones that come in a set at Costco. They even come with the batteries. I can't find a brand name on them but they are very reasonable in price and some have lasted several years so far. I still have a couple of the first ones that flickered inside without a flame...I use them also. I think I prefer no plastic flame since they look best when lit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mnmom wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

At light in the winter months, we watch TV with the lights off and the candles  "lit."  That gives us enough light to walk around and see our way.

Do you think the Costco candles are a good value?  How close to the Luminara, which I have and love, but are expensive?!

The Costco candles are exactly like the Luminara.  I went to look at the box they came in.  You only get 5 candles, not 6...my error.  You get the batteries ( Duracell) and remote too. I bought some last year and the year before. I have 10 of them.

I hope they get them this year too.  I will buy more. They only come in one color though, white. There is No Brand name on the box.

4D22690B-ECAF-421A-84F6-27F895D51537.jpegBB1B0D67-6E62-4B03-9BC9-99AC5FFFEC2C.jpeg