Honored Contributor

Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like Luminara?

I really like them! I don't find the batteries not lasting long at all. In fact I have some with C batteries that have lasted at least 6 months. 

One of our local garden centers sells them for a lot more than QVC, and they're very popular. They restock them frequently.

IMO they are pretty realistic!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ellaphant  - I don't like fake candles. Much prefer real ones. Also batteries seem to need to be changed too often.

Respected Contributor

I don't like them either, the bouncing lightbulb on top looks totally fake. I like the ones that light from within also- 

Respected Contributor

Overpriced !! I wont be duped by the presentations. I have a few flameless candles purchased at Big Lots.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

My cat thinks the Luminara candles are well, the cat's meow.

@Marp 

😺😸😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I like them well enough, but don't feel they are worth the price. I think you can find others for a fraction of the cost of Luminara. I don't like how the flame looks unlit either.

I have some that I use only at Holiday time, and they have lasted quite well, but I haven't purchased anymore....

Pottery Barn also charges way too much for their flamesless candles, they do look really good though! 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

For those who don't like the flame permanently visible, Luminara has a flame that disappears and a wick appears in its place when it turns off.

H223770
LightLi 7" Flameless Wick to Flame Pillar by Luminara

9" also available.

@Foxxee 

I thought this was very clever but the reviews seem to be mixed, Luminara should work on perfecting this ....because its even more realistic than the plastic flame when not lit....

I have these Luminara candles as well as their other ones.  I love the Lightli flameless wick to pillar.  They look just like real candles when the wick is down.

I had to go to flameless candles when I got my cat four years ago.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I do like and have BOTH Luminara and Candle Impressions.....

----------------

Me too!  I like Luminara candles where the 'flame' is for decor purposes, like up against a wall!  But I love CI candles for the light they give. I like that the whole 'candle' lights up and not just a 'flame'!  Also, CI is pretty good on battery life.

@corita 

I love Candle Impressions quality---I have some CI that have carved pumpkins and leaves....and another with carved Hallowen logos (ghost, jack-o-lantern) I bought them about 10 yrs ago and they are still going strong....When the season is over I do take the batteries out when I store them....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

It's the price I don't like.

@AuntG 

Liown is another brand that is very similar to Luminara but CHEAPER and these are sold in gift shops around here....I understand that Luminara and Liown went to court over patent infringement.....I found that interesting...it appears that the "imagineers" arent the only ones that developed a product that was similar..

In January 2014, the parties reached an out-of-court settlement and the lawsuits were dismissed. As part of the settlement, Luminara and Liown formed a partnership to develop and distribute flameless candle products. The agreement was hailed as a win-win situation for both parties.Mar 31, 2015 Operating as L&L Candle Company, LLC, the joint venture will maintain current brand identities, properties and portfolio offerings including Luminara®, Liown Moving Flame®Matchless Candle Co.®Lightli®, and Bethlehem Lights®. Retail partners will immediately have access to a broader range of products and value propositions. Soon, retail partners will also have the added benefit of ease and consistency of working with an integrated supply-chain.

Check for the Liown brand in your area....my sister found these and purchased some of this brand and the quality was good....you cant really tell the difference in looks or performance.... 

Contributor

I had 20 of the newer Luminara candles that just quit working.  They were not quite a year old.   My older Luminara still work but timers on newer ones give out!    I will never buy another Luminara.  My Candle Impressions brand still work and some are 5 years old.