Valued Contributor

Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know....

[ Edited ]

....about the holiday shipping guarantee and how you cannot cancel an order?

I ordered something not necessarily needed by the holidays but was on their* list* of guaranteed delivery items by Christmas.  When I tried to cancel a weird duplicate order (not sure how THAT even happened),  it would not let me cancel the order. I literally tried within 5 mintues of noticing the duplicate order.

I spoke to C.S. (on hold forever even with Live Chat),  they cannot cancel these orders and they go "in process" immediately. I tried calling C.S. and was on hold for a half an hour before hanging up.

Also, frustrated with Live Chat, because they will cut you off when THEY are done, so if you have another question, you have to start another Chat.  AND wait and wait to connect with someone...

SOOOO frustrating, QVC and really, really poor Customer Service. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know....

Yup, it's been known for a while that one had better make darn sure that they actually want that item before compleating the sale.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray 

my duplicate orders on sites since November have been due to ATT "throttling" meaning they cut off the connection before I'm done.

Then the order goes thru twice.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray  Well I didn’t know those rules, but it’s always been my experience that once a customer gives the OK, even if this 1 minute afterword... you own that item...like it or not.

So..in the Q world, the term “buyers remorse” doesn’t exist...

I buy everything, unless it’s going to someone else, on the automatic line.

More than one time, I’ve gone through the process of ordering...then my brain clicks.. (saying..’ don’t you push that number one’ which is the final sale)...

So, I’ll toss that phone out of the way..the number 1 never being pushed...money not spent on something I didn’t need in the first place.  Ha!

It’s called impulse buying...I’m still a freshman in the school of not buying on impulse...

My hope is I’m ready to move up to Sophomore phase...the sky is the limit..

Maybe one day I’ll graduate from the school of learning how NOT to impulse buy..

I’ll wager a bet that that’s probably how 70 to 80 percent of QVC sales are made.  With that in mind..it makes good business sense that QVC would have that rule.

I think eventually they’ll do away with that delayed return date too.

They have the delay return date because many people like the way I “used” to be...never send ‘it’ back, but never use or want ‘it’.

Now I slap that sticker back on and send the item back.

I’m learning...slowly but I’m learning.

I’d let you into my ‘class’ but it’s full of ding bats like myself.😜

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 ,  I think we all have experience with an impulse buy, or 2 ;-)

This however, was not that.  It was a strange duplicate order that went through for the exact same item.  I was trying to cancel that before it shipped. 

I will say that I was so frustrated, that I am now tempted to send back BOTH items and forget the whole thing.

Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray You need to repost this under Customer Care and ask for a Moderator to look into this.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Sheilaray I am so sorry. We most likely cannot cancel it either, however we can place a comment on your account that you tried to cancel. Please send your Q Account number and order information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com if you would like us to do that.

Super Contributor

"I did not know either."

Also, they are going to do away with sending in a check.

Also, what they have been doing to me is putting 2 or more items I have ordered in one package and they were not even ordered on the same day or same item.  Might be why they are holding up orders.  That causes a problem what if you want to send them back at different times. You only are provided (1) Prepaid Label.  They too aren't like they use to be.  Some of mine are either stuck inside on the shipping bag or the bag the items are in.  Then the label is useless.

QVC has gone down hill fast.  I just got a video asking for their apology - Kind of Late.  That should have gone out when HSN and QVC were bought.

There's more than the shipping mess going on.  Quality in their phone clerks has changed.  Some of their hosts want to take the models jobs plus theirs so they can take over the whole show (look at me I'm in charge thing going on.). Another turn off is a rude host.  Majority are not but their bosses must see that but they continue to be rude to the Vendor presenting the product and to the models on there with them.  QVC needs to have a people pole to let QVC Customers pick their favorite host like they had done before to get to see who the QVC Customers like.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I hear ya sistah !!

OIPQOM89O2R.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I bought some Curtis Stone products over the weekend and they are supposedly at my front door today.  Including food!