Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know....

@Annabellethecat66 

You are not alone;  I've shopped with QVC for many years and didn't know those rules. (duh)

As for impulse buying, I've eliminated most of it.  I have no need for another handbag or piece of jewelry no matter how wonderful the price might be.  What I often do is load up my cart, but never  purchase.  I think of it as a peculiar method of window shopping.  It's fun, sort of!  

Honored Contributor

since this started happening awhile ago -- my "impulse" buying has stopped!

then once I totalled up RETURN shipping fees last year ... for sure I stopped!

I haven't bought much from any Q or HSN -- I have been going directly to the stores where I've been using my coupons, great sales and if necessary, I can return directly to the store! 

I haven't done much shopping this year which is a good thing!

Frequent Contributor

Let me tell you that you can't cancel an order once you enter it unless QVC

makes the mistake.  I ordered a product (bill to ship to) on Dec. 4th which said

that the person would have it by Dec 11th.  Well that date came and went so I decided to go into the order and look where it was in process.  Much to my 

surprise the item was still waiting and nothing had been done to move it ahead.

I called customer service and the representative said they must have lost the order and could not guarantee the delivery now for Christmas.  I was upset but did not

get upset at the CSR.  She is only telling me what happened and I understand

it is not her fault.  So immediately she cancelled the order and I saw my refund

a couple of days later.  I went into another web site, ordered something nice for

my friend and without extra shipping was guaranteed to have the item there

in four days.  Decided to buy the rest of the items at other places for Christmas.

If I don't care when it get there then perhaps I will give QVC a try again.

Valued Contributor

Yes, it's frustrating because I have been cut off too! Mabe it's their computer system not being able to handle the volumn.

New Contributor

I am having same experience. Cancelled somethimg immediately, it STILL SHIPPED,  I had to return it an pay for shipping, NOW THEY HAVE ANOTHER ONE ON THE WAY. WTF??? sent an email questioning this and nothing. What a mess.

Spoiler
Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Other channels give you a chance to cancel until it is in packaging, at least it use to be that way.  I have not tried to cancel anything in a long time but I know I have in the past.  Why would Q be different especially since it takes them so long to ship.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am aware of this practice, but am not exactly in favor of it.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray  You are not alone.  I've been shopping with QVC since day ONE,  and didn't realize that if I tried to cancel less than 20 mins after I ordered and then even called, I was told NOPE!  Once it's in, it's in.   

I think that is RIDICULOUS.   I completely understand that they are working hard to make sure the packages for the holiday ship our quickly and arrive when promised, but there should be some sort of a time frame when a person should be allowed to cancel.   I think my 15 mins would definitely fall into that category.

Honored Contributor

My last order from Qvc was on 12/1.  It was something for myself and I received it without an issue. Qvc is no longer on my radar regarding buying gifts.  The shipping and handling is too unpredictable. 

Respected Contributor

I took my impulse buying urge years ago and shoved it in the back of my refrigerator, where it will stay for infinity.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~