Trusted Contributor

Re: Almost Laughable....Just Sayin'

I don't purchase as much as I used to and I haven't had any issues with my most recent orders, but I do feel badly for all those shoppers who are so frustrated and are having difficulties with QVC. Just always thought of shopping at home as fun and relaxing, not stressful! I guess I'm just remembering home shopping as it USED TO BE!!!! LOL!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

We really don't know who at QVC may be taking a peek at the forums.  Anyone can troll the boards in complete anonymity.  Another thought, what % of Q shoppers actually participate or are even aware of the forums?  I am a long time Q customer and never participated until last year.  I notice many posts by the same folks on many threads.and some do nothing but complain.  I am enjoying many conversations, pictures being posted etc, so many nice people, but a small number compared to number of shoppers IMO.  Random thoughts while waiting for football to start.   

@mspatmac 

Let me ask you this....then why do all these retailers and businesses bother customers to complete surveys when only a small sample bother to reply????  I even got one from my electric company this week, in addition to retailers where I made purchases??? 

There must be something to it or why would QVC go through all the time and expense of maintaining these Forums......Also my random thoughts while waiting for the NFL games 😀

Hi @Spurt   Hope you're enjoying the games.  Some surveys are targeted to specific groups like high spenders, long time customers etc depending on what kind of info they are looking for and the % of non responses is factored in.  I think it is an honest effort by businesses to deternine what's working and what's not.  We have so many choices and can switch phone providers, gas and electric providers, tv services  and so on so fast and easy without getting off the couch.  That's the best I can come up with and it's just my opinion.  

As far as the forums are concerned I do think they monitor boards in some fashion because as you mentione, they pay to maintain them, pay monitors to make sure we are not political or unkind to the hosts.  They must give them some insight.  I doubt they would spend the money if there wasn't something in it for them but I sure don't know what.  "Things that make you go humm"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

We really don't know who at QVC may be taking a peek at the forums.  Anyone can troll the boards in complete anonymity.  Another thought, what % of Q shoppers actually participate or are even aware of the forums?  I am a long time Q customer and never participated until last year.  I notice many posts by the same folks on many threads.and some do nothing but complain.  I am enjoying many conversations, pictures being posted etc, so many nice people, but a small number compared to number of shoppers IMO.  Random thoughts while waiting for football to start.   

@mspatmac 

Let me ask you this....then why do all these retailers and businesses bother customers to complete surveys when only a small sample bother to reply????  I even got one from my electric company this week, in addition to retailers where I made purchases??? 

There must be something to it or why would QVC go through all the time and expense of maintaining these Forums......Also my random thoughts while waiting for the NFL games 😀

Hi @Spurt   Hope you're enjoying the games.  Some surveys are targeted to specific groups like high spenders, long time customers etc depending on what kind of info they are looking for and the % of non responses is factored in.  I think it is an honest effort by businesses to deternine what's working and what's not.  We have so many choices and can switch phone providers, gas and electric providers, tv services  and so on so fast and easy without getting off the couch.  That's the best I can come up with and it's just my opinion.  

As far as the forums are concerned I do think they monitor boards in some fashion because as you mentione, they pay to maintain them, pay monitors to make sure we are not political or unkind to the hosts.  They must give them some insight.  I doubt they would spend the money if there wasn't something in it for them but I sure don't know what.  "Things that make you go humm"

@mspatmac 

Hi, well my team is on a bye week so at least this week we can't lose!!!  But there have been several good close games. Hope you are enjoying the games too....

What was weird about the electric company survey is we dont have any options, they are the only company available in our city.....maybe it was to see if people were getting the message on conservation, and they asked our opinion on options available to follow up on power outages, quite a few questions on their customer service (I dont really call them) and their repair crews, and are their invoices easy to understand, and their involvement in the community, people arent happy to hear about big bonuses being handed out to their executives at the end of the year...LOL 

Enjoy the games...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”