Honored Contributor

Re: Almost $7 Shipping and Handling for TSV!?!?

On 12/27/2014 graycatsrule said: I like em in all colors, shapes and sizes. Just happens the one that's been living here for 17 years, is gray. He is so sweet, I can't stand it.

I love kitties no matter what color, shape, and size too.....I wish your sweet gray kitty many more years and a healthy and happy life! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 ccassaday said: I really don't care what shipping is. I add that to the price then see if I can get it cheaper or if it is still a great dealt. If the price is twenty dollars less then retail then you still getting a good price even with shipping. What if they added seven dollars to the price and said free shipping what would you think then.

If they added seven dollars and said free shipping you could probably find a better deal elsewhere.....some retailers will offer bargains on their shipping just to encourage you to continue shopping at their web site...

And QVC's base price isn't all that great either....Most of Q's clothing items are now in the $46 to $49 price range and add in $7 bucks for shipping, why I can find things at better prices at Dillards and Macy's and I'm NOT talking about the things they have on sale.....and then when you add in QVC's shipping....that just makes QVC uncompetitive....and then their quality and sizing has gone downhill...and well....I just find better quality and better deals elsewhere these days, and I used to find some nice things at reasonable prices, so sad.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

There's no use wishing for S&H changes. The Q's S&H is part of their money making strategy. You can just imagine how much they made on the TSV with the number sold and S&H. And all of the money saved with their BULK MAILING DEALS. They might make more sometimes than on the item sold.

Super Contributor

Try shipping that TSV on your own and see how much it costs! The Q gets bulk shipper rates. I spent nearly $70.00 to ship four boxes this Christmas. One went to an address that is less than 50 miles from where i live and it cost me $12.00. Another thought -- free shipping is not always free. The cost may be factored in to the price of the item or you have to spend $50 or more to get it.

Valued Contributor

On 12/29/2014 QVCJH said:

Try shipping that TSV on your own and see how much it costs! The Q gets bulk shipper rates. I spent nearly $70.00 to ship four boxes this Christmas. One went to an address that is less than 50 miles from where i live and it cost me $12.00. Another thought -- free shipping is not always free. The cost may be factored in to the price of the item or you have to spend $50 or more to get it.

This is why I always give Visa/Master charge gift cards.

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 SPURT said:
On 12/27/2014 ccassaday said: I really don't care what shipping is. I add that to the price then see if I can get it cheaper or if it is still a great dealt. If the price is twenty dollars less then retail then you still getting a good price even with shipping. What if they added seven dollars to the price and said free shipping what would you think then.

If they added seven dollars and said free shipping you could probably find a better deal elsewhere.....some retailers will offer bargains on their shipping just to encourage you to continue shopping at their web site...

And QVC's base price isn't all that great either....Most of Q's clothing items are now in the $46 to $49 price range and add in $7 bucks for shipping, why I can find things at better prices at Dillards and Macy's and I'm NOT talking about the things they have on sale.....and then when you add in QVC's shipping....that just makes QVC uncompetitive....and then their quality and sizing has gone downhill...and well....I just find better quality and better deals elsewhere these days, and I used to find some nice things at reasonable prices, so sad.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I agree. I'm shopping less at QVC and more online at other stores.

New Contributor

I agree about the extremely high shipping/handling costs. Today I almost ordered 4 IT Cosmetics lip pencils and then decided I would go to the IT Cosmetics website. I ordered all 4 lip pencils from them, saving myself over $14 in shipping and handling. I love QVC and have been a faithful customer for many years. When I think that 4 little lip pencils would cost over $14 in shipping/handling, I have come to the conclusion that I need to look at Ulta, IT Cosmetics, Sephora and any other sources for my cosmetic needs. I'll be much more selective in 2015.

Super Contributor

Last week, I spent $32.17 to return an item to HSN that came without a prepaid label. UPS charges by the width, depth, and height of the box, plus the weight. Self shipping can be very expensive.

Honored Contributor

Well I went to order a pair of heels online and they wanted 12 dollars for shipping. And the box isn't anywhere near as big as for the TSV knee high boots. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That must be why they call it a SPECIAL VALUE...  

Whatever, Q...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...