Respected Contributor

Re: All sneaker styles, sheesh!

I have washed many sport shoes even leather ones and they do fine. Just air dry them in the sun. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@charsha wrote:

Why do all sneakers styles have to be washable, knit, or bungee? I miss the sneakers that have structure and laces that tie. I don't need the washable feature, I don't wear them in the mud. Just sayin'.  

They don't and are not.  More than plenty of others options.  Pretty easy to find if you really want to.  https://www.qvc.com/shoes/womens/sneakers-and-athletic/_/N-2czl1/c.html?qq=mh

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I for one am glad they have choices.  Due to arthritis I can no longer tie shoes so slip ons and bungee is a good choice for some of us.  

I bought some Go Walks Sketchers that are mesh and washable.  I like the slip on option but I dont care for the mesh/knit at all.  They are semi comfortable and I will chose another option next time.

I dont walk in mud either but white gets dirty anyway.  So they get washed and air dried.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I have washed my sneakers my whole life.  Not a gimick that draws me in to purchase.  I hate the oversized white soles that seem to be the thing now.  But as with everything they will eventually go away and we'll be on to something else. 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  When my DH had hip replacement surgery tying shoe laces just didn't work.  Have you tried Lock N Laces?  They are stretchy elastic and once they are put in the shoes you can just slip your feet into them.  Really great for those with problem fingers from arthritis or those who have lost feeling in their fingers.  I used them after having hand surgery since I only had one hand to work with.  

Honored Contributor

Knit sneakers are comfortable and can be stylish.  The challenge is if you have wide feet.  Due to the nonstructure of the knit....the shoe can stretch to accommodate the wide and it looks very sloppy and unkempt.  I wouldn't recommend stretch knit sneaks for wide feet unless you can try them on before buying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the SLIP-ON sneakers!!!  I got tired of tightening laces or the shoes would come untied sometimes and some laces werent long enough to double tie so they'd stay put or they were too long...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

My happy sneaker compromise. A slip-on: No laces, no knit or bungee. The perforated leather Earth Zest I bought on QVC more than a few years ago. I also have several Sofft slip on styles, all of them leather with leather lining and footbed. The  "rustic red" Sofft slip on is on my "maybe" list.

Women&s Earth Zest Silver Leather Size 10 Mediummain image

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine ............No I have not heard of the Lock N Laces but I will check them out.  Thanks for the tip.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)