Super Contributor

Why do all sneakers styles have to be washable, knit, or bungee? I miss the sneakers that have structure and laces that tie. I don't need the washable feature, I don't wear them in the mud. Just sayin'.  

Respected Contributor

Re: All sneaker styles, sheesh!

traditional sneaker styles are endless

endless!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP in that QVC shows a LOT of what I call slipper/sock style sneakers.   They also just plain show a lot of sneakers.  I know we can look elsewhere, but it would be fun to see some more stylish options of shoes.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like knit. I bought a pair of Sketchers and the  knit got a hole rubbed through the first season i had them. They are now garden shoes.

Honored Contributor

Over the years, I bought leather and suede sneakers, and quite a few traditional canvas.

Still wearing them.  They last forever.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking that they must sell a lot of sneakers, because that seems to be most of what they present on TV. I only keep 2 pair at once and they usually last about a year, so I am good until January.

I don’t get it because they have a lot of cute shoes online.
Respected Contributor

The knit versions I'm sure are a whole lot cheaper to make. Better profit margins.  Everybody doing them !

Frequent Contributor

I agree and have thought the same thing.  They need to move away from so many washable shoes.  

Honored Contributor

Many people like to just slip on their sneakers and GO without fooling with laces which are usually too long in the shoes I've gotten recently.  Then they come untied.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love knit sneakers, and that's what I've bought the last couple years. I like the ability to throw them in the washer, the colors, the patterns in the knit, how light-weight they are, and how comfortable they are.

Some leather and some suede sneakers are too heavy and can instantly get dirty with no way to clean them. I wore a brand new pair of blush suede sneakers to work once, and a woman accidentally stepped on my foot and ruined my sneakers. I've had canvas sneakers that don't wear well and get holes by the toe.

I guess it's a personal preference, and we have choices.