Honored Contributor

All retailers should learn from Amazon CS!!!

I had to contact Amazon regarding a product I purchased 2 months ago...even though the "return" period expired I explained the problem (via chat) refund & return label issued with 5 minutes!

Now that is exceptional CS ... wish all returns through other retailers including Q were this easy!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: All retailers should learn from Amazon CS!!!

@homedecor1 wrote:

I had to contact Amazon regarding a product I purchased 2 months ago...even though the "return" period expired I explained the problem (via chat) refund & return label issued with 5 minutes!

Now that is exceptional CS ... wish all returns through other retailers including Q were this easy!!!

Wish is the operative word.  We all wish lots of things.  It's unrealistic to take one experience that turned out in your favor and expect the same outcome from every retailer.  Every situation is different. 

Super Contributor

I agree homedecor1....Amazon has amazing customer service and many could learn from it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena

@homedecor1 wrote:

Wish is the operative word.  We all wish lots of things.  It's unrealistic to take one experience that turned out in your favor and expect the same outcome from every retailer.  Every situation is different. 

@makena

I disagree as a consumer I believe customer service issues should be based on each individual circumstance! In this issue - the item was shipped thru a third party who refused the return although it was defective.  

It should not matter what the circumstances are - a customer should be able to return/exchange a product which does not meet the expectation or defective by no means  of the consumer.

In fact, I am in the process of suing Rooms to Go for defective /fake leather couches including the "leather warranty fee" & extended 5 year warranty. (They are not honoring my warranty because flaking, peeling is not included just mechanisms)  . the couches are completely peeled, ripped, and flaking off.  I purchased these couches 3 years ago (after 16 months they started flaking).  A rep came out to remediate the problem & told me it was "manmade material to look like leather)!  based on the salesperson told me & my invoice says "leather" not "blended material to look like leather".

They did offer me a settlement of $400 (pro-rated)  for a $2,312. Purchase.  They also gave me findings showing these couches are not leather!!! As a consumer am I suppose do accept a $400 store credit to re-buy ? Who is going to pay the balance to replace both - not me!!!! 

I do plan to win my full purchase price.  I am not the only one dealing with this problem who bought from Room ToGo and Kane's, in FL.  Kane's settled with their affected customers RTG refuses full refund! This is picture of  full couch - loveseat worse!

It drives me crazy but I'm going to continue to fight for satisfaction until  the judge rules.  (I keep it covered!)😤😤😤😤😤

image.jpg

image.jpg 

Case in point, whether it's Q, Amazon, JCP or any other retailer who sells "inferior" product the customer should always be made whole!  

My other view  is why deal with retailers who are not customer friendly! Yes, each circumstance is different but most consumers do not request resolution unless there is a problem! And YES I do expect a good outcome when it's nothing I caused!!!

Trusted Contributor

I've only had to contact Amazon one time, and they were great.  Far better than almost any of the times I've contacted QVC.  Every time I contact QVC, the person on the phone acts like I'm bothering them, and they're doing me a favor by speaking to me.

Honored Contributor

The problem is, most retailers are small businesses and can't afford to be as generous as Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1

I absolutely agree with you that retailers should not be playing fast and loose with descriptions of items they are selling.  I have seen items described as leather, Suede, cashmere, silk that in reality were none of those things upon closer inspection or upon reading the fine print.  I do believe though that people need to be savvy buyers in order to avoid being taken advantage of and know what things to look for when seeing a price for anything that seems to good to be true.   My antenna go up when I run across deals that seem amazing.  Retail is not a give a way and you best believe that there will be profit made.  Recently I came across a rack of sweaters at a major mall dept store.  The sign above the rack said "cashmere sweaters $34.99". Knowing that cashmere sweaters do not sell for $34.99 I went and looked at the fabric label.  Not a ounce of cashmere in them.  They looked and felt like cashmere but were not.  I did complain to a dept. manager and he went and pulled the sign down.  MY point is that two "leather" sofas do not cost $2300 dollars.  Good quality real leather furniture is expensive and $2300 for two sofas would have caused me to question what I was really getting for my money and certainly would have caused me to investigate further.  COnsumers have to comparison shop carefully and if a price seems to be too good to be true the first question should be "Why is this item so cheap At this retailer vs prices at other retailers?"

I do see that Rooms to Go says their leather furniture is made from "blended products".  I would have stopped right then and there because what they are selling is chopped up pieces of leather glued together with other unknown products.

I am sorry you are having this,issue and wish you good luck in getting a settlement.  Have you posted,on their FB page about this?  I have had great success in posting complaints about bad service or products on companies FB pages.  That often gets their attention.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@makena

@homedecor1 wrote:

@makena

I disagree as a consumer I believe customer service issues should be based on each individual circumstance! In this issue - the item was shipped thru a third party who refused the return although it was defective.  

It should not matter what the circumstances are - a customer should be able to return/exchange a product which does not meet the expectation or defective by no means  of the consumer.

In fact, I am in the process of suing Rooms to Go for defective /fake leather couches including the "leather warranty fee" & extended 5 year warranty. (They are not honoring my warranty because flaking, peeling is not included just mechanisms)  . the couches are completely peeled, ripped, and flaking off.  I purchased these couches 3 years ago (after 16 months they started flaking).  A rep came out to remediate the problem & told me it was "manmade material to look like leather)!  based on the salesperson told me & my invoice says "leather" not "blended material to look like leather".

They did offer me a settlement of $400 (pro-rated)  for a $2,312. Purchase.  They also gave me findings showing these couches are not leather!!! As a consumer am I suppose do accept a $400 store credit to re-buy ? Who is going to pay the balance to replace both - not me!!!! 

I do plan to win my full purchase price.  I am not the only one dealing with this problem who bought from Room ToGo and Kane's, in FL.  Kane's settled with their affected customers RTG refuses full refund! This is picture of  full couch - loveseat worse!

It drives me crazy but I'm going to continue to fight for satisfaction until  the judge rules.  (I keep it covered!)😤😤😤😤😤

image.jpg

image.jpg 

Case in point, whether it's Q, Amazon, JCP or any other retailer who sells "inferior" product the customer should always be made whole!  

My other view  is why deal with retailers who are not customer friendly! Yes, each circumstance is different but most consumers do not request resolution unless there is a problem! And YES I do expect a good outcome when it's nothing I caused!!!

Actually, if you were to win anything, it would be for the depreciate value of the furniture.

No judge would give you the full value for brand new furniture, because you did get some use out of the furniture, and that is worth some $.

I learned this by watching The People's Court, and this is how the judge rules.

Also, it depends on the exact language/wording of the warrantee.

If it specifically says that it only covers the mechanisms, then you are sol.

But do fight it, and please, let us know the final results.

Honored Contributor

LL BEAN Is wonderful.  Their CS rep told me that they replaced a pair of boots that were over 20 years old because the customer felt they did not hold up well.

LL BEAN will replace or refund money for anything with absolutely no cut off time period.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The problem is, most retailers are small businesses and can't afford to be as generous as Amazon. 

This ^^^

Whether it's pure CS like a refund for shoddy goods, or a credit for shipping or whatever type of "service", a small company - really, most companies that aren't as big as Amazon - just can't "give away" money/profits on the scale Amazon can to keep goodwill.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all