Esteemed Contributor

I appears that tomorrow is an all day Beauty day on the Q.  So...I don't understand ... the Q already has a "nothing but" Beauty Channel. Why would there be full 24 hour Beauty day on the Q channel????  It doesn't make sense to me!!   Why compete with your own business/channel???

Respected Contributor

Good question.   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

All day beauty is better than dyson, computers, cookware or pillows.  JMO.....

Respected Contributor

Because their business research shows that beauty is selling and has a high profit margin.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Because their business research shows that beauty is selling and has a high profit margin.

--------------------

Am sure that is correct...and I always thought that was the reason for the Beauty channel.  So why would you (QVC) offer another option for beauty sales which could/would set back sales of your own ancillary channel??

Honored Contributor

Re: All Day Beauty on the Q

[ Edited ]

cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

I wont be watching this snoozefest...I Agree QVC does an OVERKILL with their beauty shows..........and why always such awful programming on the weekend...IT COSMETICS or ARGAN OIL week after week and month after month....I dont watch QVC that often nor buy much anymore!...Variety QVC Variety!..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

I appears that tomorrow is an all day Beauty day on the Q.  So...I don't understand ... the Q already has a "nothing but" Beauty Channel. Why would there be full 24 hour Beauty day on the Q channel????  It doesn't make sense to me!!   Why compete with your own business/channel???

I agree 110% w/ you, and I just bet their answer would be that not everyone gets the beauty channel.  Gee, that's a shame.........

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

All day beauty is better than dyson, computers, cookware or pillows.  JMO.....

So with you there.  I like the background noise of something that interests me more than computers and matresses.

Deb

Valued Contributor

All day beauty?  Call it all day IT....for crying out loud....all these informercial channel are bombarded with IT products, 24 hours a day....why does QVC have to do the same?  I personally will never ever try or buy IT products because I resent them being pushed down my throat everytime I turn on tv!  My heavens wth all they sell, their prices should be dirt cheap but yet they are over-priced and a simple trip to ULTA will give you the product immediately with no s/h

Valued Contributor

I watched a bit this morning!  And ordered two things ....

I was thinking to myself they have a nice verity of stuff--so I was happy!!