Respected Contributor

Re: Ali Carr looks so cute tonight

@Reever wrote:

Arent you self conscious?  Has anyone mistook hime for your father ?  I believe an age gap of plus or minus 10 years is innapropriate.

@hooked on books wrote:
My husband is 18 years older than me and we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary on February 14th! Of course, the older we both get, the more noticeable the age difference, but that's to be expected, I guess!!👩👴❤

As is your response..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@Reever, oh, yes, several people have mistaken him for my father! I think it's hysterical and make a point of letting these mistaken folks know that it doesn't bother me at all and that I take absolutely no offense, because of course they feel bad about saying it. I do, however, take some offense at your comment that a 10 year age gap+ is "inappropriate". Age is really only a number and for some people, is totally unimportant and irrelevant. The heart loves who it loves and relationships can be wonderful or terrible no matter what the couple's ages are. Who is anyone to judge what is appropriate or not appropriate? Everyone in life has different maturity levels, life experience, etc. I know of a young woman who married a man who is 29 years het senior and they are very happily married and just had their second child. More power to them, I say! I'm sorry for you that you sound rather narrow-minded and judgemental, I really am!!!
Respected Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@Reever, oh, yes, several people have mistaken him for my father! I think it's hysterical and make a point of letting these mistaken folks know that it doesn't bother me at all and that I take absolutely no offense, because of course they feel bad about saying it. I do, however, take some offense at your comment that a 10 year age gap+ is "inappropriate". Age is really only a number and for some people, is totally unimportant and irrelevant. The heart loves who it loves and relationships can be wonderful or terrible no matter what the couple's ages are. Who is anyone to judge what is appropriate or not appropriate? Everyone in life has different maturity levels, life experience, etc. I know of a young woman who married a man who is 29 years het senior and they are very happily married and just had their second child. More power to them, I say! I'm sorry for you that you sound rather narrow-minded and judgemental, I really am!!!

I did not mean to be judgemental ;  however I cannot lie I do cast a gaze when I see these types of May/December romances.  Its hard to change mindsets at my age, I do apologize fot any disrespect my words incited.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever, no worries!! You are entitled to your opinions and feelings! No apology necessary, but thank you for offering one! 😀
Frequent Contributor

I enjoy watching the shows that Ali hosts.  I’d love to see her on air during the day more (I frequently see her late at night).

Honored Contributor

AC is such a doll and not full of herself like the other hosts who don't hold a candle to her good looks and professional sales skills. I would like to see her do more beauty shows, she's at a disadvantage when it comes to fashion, but only because they don't offer enough in petite sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever. I cannot believe you made such a tactless comment to hooked on books. Apparently the age difference has not affected their 33 years of marriage. Congratulations hookedonbooks!
Esteemed Contributor

Personally I can’t stand watching Ali. She acts child/little girl like at times. She does have a nice speaking voice.
Esteemed Contributor

@zhooked on books. You are very kind. I thought Reever’s comment was tactless and insensitive and beyond opinionated