Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

The irony here is at the OP calls herself "patriot" yet she mocks Alberti's freedom to dress how he sees fit. Like most people who hide behind the flag, she knows nothing about for what it stands.

The OP wasn't mocking his "freedom to dress how he sees fit," let alone "hiding behind the flag."  She's giving her opinion on how the scarf he was wearing looked to her -- just as you're giving your opinion on her comment.  Or are you mocking her freedom to make comments you disagree with?

@vsm Thank you vsm.  As I stated in my original post, JMO and the last I knew we were free to express our opinions.  And one thing I DO NOT DO on these posts is mock or criticize someone for their opinions.  If I disagree, I leave it alone and move on.

@Patriot3  You really do believe we're all stupid enough to believe that you weren't questioning Alberti's masculinity, don't you? I'll mock and criticize bigotry until the cows come home, thank you very much!

@MaryLamb   Is that what I was doing?  Or is it that you read too much into people's opinions?? 

Valued Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

The irony here is at the OP calls herself "patriot" yet she mocks Alberti's freedom to dress how he sees fit. Like most people who hide behind the flag, she knows nothing about for what it stands.

The OP wasn't mocking his "freedom to dress how he sees fit," let alone "hiding behind the flag."  She's giving her opinion on how the scarf he was wearing looked to her -- just as you're giving your opinion on her comment.  Or are you mocking her freedom to make comments you disagree with?

@vsm Thank you vsm.  As I stated in my original post, JMO and the last I knew we were free to express our opinions.  And one thing I DO NOT DO on these posts is mock or criticize someone for their opinions.  If I disagree, I leave it alone and move on.

@Patriot3  You really do believe we're all stupid enough to believe that you weren't questioning Alberti's masculinity, don't you? I'll mock and criticize bigotry until the cows come home, thank you very much!

@MaryLamb   Is that what I was doing?  Or is it that you read too much into people's opinions?? 

@Patriot3  Nope, I'm 100% sure that's what you we're doing and clearly still doing. 

Honored Contributor

Who cares if someone doesn’t like his scarf? He likes it. IMO he is the best dressed host of all of them, male or female. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Feel free to continue commenting on any host you please.  It's up to the moderators to determine if a line has been crossed.  I didn't read anything into the OP's comment other than dislike for the style on a man.  OK, fair enough opinion.

@JohnnyeagerThank you.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised anyone could read the opening post and not think that the subtext is clear.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Know who else wears scarves a lot? One of the realtors that stars on Miliion Dollar Listing, NY, Steve Gold. But he wears them all wrapped around his neck over sloppy looking short flappy sleeved t-shirts. At least Alberti wears his neatly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch when Alberti is on.  But when I do see him, he is dressed very nicely.  His "look" works for him and that is fine.

That being said, I don't think I would ever be attracted to, date, or marry a man that wore a scarf as an indoor accessory.  To me, that is a bit odd.  But different strokes, as they say .....

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I didn't see this, but everytime I see Alberti he is impeccably dressed.  If anybody can rock a scarf - he can.  Cat Wink

He certainly can! He looks fabulous in EVERYTHING he wears, can make wearing a paper bag look fashionable, and is the epitome of style. Hands down, he is the best dressed male host at The Q.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I have lived and worked in Manhattan for over 35 years and have never, ever seen a man in an office wear a scarf; not even an "ascot."

However, I work on Wall Street and it's just not a Masters of the Universe look.

Off course, I'm not talking about a real winter, snowing, blizzard type of winter scarf which is quite common, even here.

But it does seem to work for Alberti and his occupation, so good for him.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

What do scarves have to do with food?   I thought it looked really dumb.  I also wish Stacey would quit saying "this is my jam".    Jam?  Jam on bread?  Jam it up your nose?  Jammed my finger?  Why don't people just talk without having to use all these ridiculous phrases?   

@Jinlei   Yes, that is a little overdone.  I don't like the "this is my jam."  Teenagers say it.  I don't like hearing that or some of the homemade "stuff" that Shawn says.  Katie McGee could give some lessons on professionalism in front of a camera.  I do like Stacy but occasionally she gets into the Shawn mode.