Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti on gormet food show today

[ Edited ]

Alberti exudes the trustworthiness of Elmer Gantry or Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager............you certainly are on a humor role!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

just an opinion, not giving out brownie points here

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

To be honest - that's now another show I'll avoid.  Glad you enjoyed it - happy eating.

@fthunt, I so agree with you. Watching Alberti on any show is not something I tune into and watching him on a gourmet food show...ummm no thank you. His mannerisms are already way too exaggerated for me. Hearing him sell food and roll his eyes, is so over the top, I can’t change the channel fast enough. 

@iTalia, code language, eh?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I like Alberti as a host, hosting anything, but I could do with less of the giggles, it's just a little too much after awhile.

Frequent Contributor

I would much rather see him on a food show than selling womens skin care, cosmetics and hair products.He is more tolerable to me than Sharon was. Every bite she took was like an orgasmic experience for her, come on!! I stopped watching all food shows when she was on. He is not too over the top for me. Ive just never seen a man admitting he uses womens cosmetics. its weird for me.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

To be honest - that's now another show I'll avoid.  Glad you enjoyed it - happy eating.

@fthunt, I so agree with you. Watching Alberti on any show is not something I tune into and watching him on a gourmet food show...ummm no thank you. His mannerisms are already way too exaggerated for me. Hearing him sell food and roll his eyes, is so over the top, I can’t change the channel fast enough. 

It's no worse than David's googly eyes and happy dance . Now that is one tired act.

@QVCkitty1 

When I see him do that silly bit, along with the "git it git it" I feel embarrassed for him. But somebody must be liking it or he would have hung that act up.

I get a kick out of David's happy dance  with the "git it, git it". Tuned in last night and he did not disappoint. Saw the HD early in the show!

Respected Contributor

Grown man should behave responsibly. I have no interest in Davids over the top antics when he eats food. In my opinion he only does this to sell. I find it hard to believe he behaves this way in restaurants or entertaining friends.
Contributor

Of course it's an act. My goodness, he has a job. He is good at it too. It's all in good fun & (lots) of people enjoy it. 25yrs!! 10 doing the happy dance!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:
Grown man should behave responsibly. I have no interest in Davids over the top antics when he eats food. In my opinion he only does this to sell. I find it hard to believe he behaves this way in restaurants or entertaining friends.

@Reever, I may be wrong, but I think his job is to sell. Apparently, he's pretty good at it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland