Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti on gormet food show today

@phluphy wrote:

Yes Corita, he is a phony...through & through!!

--------------

Just to clarify, I don't think Alberti is a phony!!  He offers good information on the products he is selling.

It is just that little giggle after every comment that sounds so phony!  Surely every comment is not that funny...no need to giggle!  Maybe a nervous reaction, but he has been there for a while now.

Esteemed Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

I find him impossible to watch.  While this is not related to a gourmet holiday show, while passing through on Friday during the beauty show, He was seen wearing a female type sequin top.  More impossible to watch.  couldn't pass the channel by faster!!!

@comedy clubber   Glad I didn't see that.  

Respected Contributor

Alberti did the best he could. Remember this man is a fashion and beauty guru. I did not see the sequin top. I do have a male friend who wears womens perfumes. So I guess wearing a sequin top is no odder.
Super Contributor

Was trying to watch the show today and I couldn’t watch him. He is only interested in EATING! Not trying to convey the highlights of the products. 6 Corky’s Ribs??? C’mon that’s a little excessive, imo.
Frequent Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Trustworthy?  Huh?

Just like all the other hosts, he is trying to sell products.  Every one of them will swear the food is good and they love it. That is their job.  We all know that some of the food is horrible..just saying.

When I saw the cheese-filled chicken wrapped in bacon, I literally became nauseous 

Frequent Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

To be honest - that's now another show I'll avoid.  Glad you enjoyed it - happy eating.

@fthunt, I so agree with you. Watching Alberti on any show is not something I tune into and watching him on a gourmet food show...ummm no thank you. His mannerisms are already way too exaggerated for me. Hearing him sell food and roll his eyes, is so over the top, I can’t change the channel fast enough. 

It's no worse than David's googly eyes and happy dance . Now that is one tired act.

He has increased his repertoire to include a disco dance, moving his head and his body and suggestively winking his eye. 

Frequent Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

To be honest - that's now another show I'll avoid.  Glad you enjoyed it - happy eating.

@fthunt, I so agree with you. Watching Alberti on any show is not something I tune into and watching him on a gourmet food show...ummm no thank you. His mannerisms are already way too exaggerated for me. Hearing him sell food and roll his eyes, is so over the top, I can’t change the channel fast enough. 

It's no worse than David's googly eyes and happy dance . Now that is one tired act.

@QVCkitty1 

When I see him do that silly bit, along with the "git it git it" I feel embarrassed for him. But somebody must be liking it or he would have hung that act up.

Git what? I don’t git it 

Frequent Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

When I see him do that silly bit, along with the "git it git it" I feel embarrassed for him. But somebody must be liking it or he would have hung that act up.

I get a kick out of David's happy dance  with the "git it, git it". Tuned in last night and he did not disappoint. Saw the HD early in the show!

It’s uncomfortable watching him trying to turn around

Honored Contributor

The other day, David asked Leah to try the yummy food item he was presenting, then made her do the happy dance with him.  Then they waved to Sharon, who presumably was watching at home...  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The other day, David asked Leah to try the yummy food item he was presenting, then made her do the happy dance with him.  Then they waved to Sharon, who presumably was watching at home...  Smiley Happy

Was there a happy ending?